tuscl

Christines Steakhouse/Club Closes

bobvz
Pennsylvania
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:10 PM
Not a suprise to this writer, Christines, literally about a mile from Oasis in Philly, closed their doors. This is a club I have reviewed several times. Very plush inside but everytime I and it seems others were in there, not more than a dozen patrons, and this was a big place. Few dancers worth their whileas well. I know from talking with several damcers that no one wanted to work there because they could not make money, so no customers, so no dancers, and it turned into a vicious circle that management decided was not worth messing with. Of course Christines was owned by the same person as owns Oasis, only the owner of both clubs passed away about two months ago. Oasis is still going strong, and Christines, despite the potential to do well, seemed to be a place to clai losses for the owner, if you catch my drift. Shame, because they had a upscale steakhouse attached to the club, and it was very good, and enjoyed a good rep. Decent location, but little advertising. Now my issue....some of the dancers I know who worked there, namely two of them, are going to switch to Oasis, and that will cause me to change the rotation. Damn closing of that club is going to mess up my game!!! My ATF works at Oasis, and I have a few on standby when she is not there, that while I know they all talk, I save the best for the ATF and they know it. But now have to break in the other two from Christines...maybe I can send some to Juice or a few others....anyone visiting to Philly area let me know so I can keep these gals busy!! LOL

2 comments

• macandbum
    12 years ago
    I went there a few times and you're right about the cycle. There's no way that club could have lasted very long. There were literally 2 dancers when I was there one time. I still believe it has the best set up of all the Philly clubs that I've been to.
  • sinclair
    12 years ago
    There is a brand new Christine's Cabaret and Steakhouse in Miami Beach. I believe it just opened in December 2011 (tried adding it to the list, but no luck). The club appeared to be "dead" when I passed by. There was little signage or advertising indicating it was a strip club, and I'd also imagine it is a ripoff like everything in South Beach. I wouldn't be surprised if that location goes belly-up too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion