tuscl

Strip-club raid: 'It's a whorehouse' police chief says

Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:42 PM
Operation Chum Bucket ends with arrests Daytona Beach police this morning announced a 16-month investigation into prostitution and drug dealing at a strip club. As part of "Operation Chum Bucket," police served a search warrant Wednesday night at the Shark Lounge strip club at 730 E. International Speedway Blvd., where police say undercover officers made more than 20 drug buys involving marijuana, pills and cocaine. "It hasn't been cleaned in over a thousand years,'' Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood told TV reporters. "It's skanky. It's filthy. If I was a roach, I wouldn't live inside." Two dancers were arrested Wednesday on charges of prostitution after police say they solicited undercover officers. Oscars 2012 - Check out pictures from the red carpet. "It's a whorehouse,'' Chitwood added. Several other people inside the club were arrested on charges related to drug sales, prostitution, lewd and lascivious conduct or on warrants, police said. Police said these people were arrested: Nicholas Montagna, 59; Crystal Matthews, 29; Lincoln Sommerlad, 49; Sheniqua Ramsey, 23; Cassandra Butler, 27; and Danielle McClintock, 41; Norman Horner, 29; Michael Edmonds, 31; Gina Rippoloni, 21; and Candice Brown, 31. [view link]

16 comments

• jackattack107
    12 years ago
    Did the cops take photos of the guys with their iPhones and the goofy filters on?
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    How were the Oscar photos involved in the arrest?
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    it was an ad that got copied when I copy/pasted the article over
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I get the feeling this was more about a drug bust and the "extras" got caught up in the wake.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    The name for the operation is interesting. Did they think they were fishing for Sharks? LOL
  • CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    Oh, that's not too good-looking of a crew. HGTV needs to send in one of their makeover shows to 'transform a strip club'.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Frankly if they clean up the place and reopen as a legit strip club it would be a vast improvement. Only a fool of an owner would risk their limited access gold mine (the license to operate an adult cabaret) for something that can occur on any back alley (drug sales).
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    "It's a whorehouse,'' Chitwood added. "and you're a Douche" maddog retorted....
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "Daytona Beach police this morning announced a 16-month investigation into prostitution and drug dealing at a strip club." 16-months - that has to be some kind of record, although its always amazing how long it takes these crack undercover cops to discover what's going on at a club.
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    @steve, lol, I would have milked the investigation another 179 months....also, gotta love St Patty's Day (aka Erin Go Braless)....
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    See samsung1's review for the club???
  • wasted
    12 years ago
    I recognize every person pictured in that article. Even the guy who got popped for lewd and lascivious. He probably comes in and jerks off up at the stage at least twice a week. It should have taken 16 MINUTES for them to figure out what was going on there. 16 months sounds like a joke. Waste of taxpayer money.
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    clubs that allow drug dealing to happen onsite are stupid. stupid. stupid. that shit will catch up sooner or later. Does anybody remember the fat boxer Butterbean? Is that him on the top row, right hand side! OMG!!
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    "It hasn't been cleaned in over a thousand years,'' Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood told TV reporters. "It's skanky. It's filthy. If I was a roach, I wouldn't live inside." The chief should start reviewing for TUSCL. He has a way with words.
  • dallas702
    12 years ago
    Notice: 1. The Police wait until AFTER the race to bust the place! 2. Cops were "investigating" this club for 16 months! even though, "It's skanky. It's filthy. If I was a roach, I wouldn't live inside." WHAT DEDICATION TO DUTY!!! 3. Only 2 dancers arrested on prostitution charges (After 16 months)! I am IMPRESSED with the skill and perseverance of the Daytona Beach PoPo
  • rentz2
    12 years ago
    16 month investigation for 10 arrests wow great use of the publics money
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion