tuscl

I Rise to Gatorfan's Challenge

Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:10 PM
Gatorfan posted a comment on my Article “Ten Things I wish all Dancers Knew About Me” ([view link]) challenging me to come up with a list of how I would try to convey this information (or more specifically my displeasure at the dancer not knowing what I wanted her to know). Fair enough. Gatorfan is correct that it is not up to the dancers to telepathically know the attitudes of each customer. So here goes (I will summarize each of the ten points from the prior article before my response to each). 1. We both know why each of us are at the SC, so don't go overboard in pretending otherwise. My point with this complaint is that while I genuinely enjoy the company of a lightly clad, attractive lady at my table, eventually I'm going to want to have that attractive lady sitting on my lap in the VIP. Thus, while I prefer to have the dancer bring up the subject, I will do so if more than ten minutes of idle chit chat has gone by. 2. I am not interested in extras. Fortunately, I either go to clubs where this is not the norm or perhaps I give off a vibe that says “I am stupid enough to give you all my money without your having to do anything extra.” In the few cases where I've been asked about extras (always OTC so far), I've declined as politely as I can (“It's very tempting, but no, thank you”). I also do not get anymore dances from that dancer, assuming that she is hunting bigger game than my Jacksons. 3. Please don't ask if I am married. Tough one, because I don't have a fixed response. I do not wear a wedding ring, and some times just gesture to the empty ring finger. Other times I simply lie and say “no,” which often engenders the response “All married guys say that.” As a rule, I do not let this inquiry be a reason to terminate the exchange with the dancer, but I definitely think it lowers the possibility that I will buy more than one dance. 4. Don't ask me if I want a dance as your conversation opener. I covered my response to that in the original article – I say “No thanks” firmly and turn my attention elsewhere. On occasion this generates a rebuke, from the plaintive “Are you sure?” and the marketing ploy of “I promise you won't be disappointed,” to the rebuke, “You must be gay.” I might respond to either of the former to see if a playful exchange might ensue (it rarely does), and ignore the latter. 5. Please tell me the club rules. Well, if she doesn't, I will ask. 6. I have a limited amount to spend, and so I may wait for a 2-4-1 for our first dance. Obviously, I will do this only if I know a 2-4-1 is coming up fairly soon. If they offer the 2-4-1s every hour, I tend to keep track of when that will be and make my connection with a dancer accordingly. 7. I don't want a “Happy ending,” at least not after one dance. Generally, I can convey the fact that the dancer is doing her job too well by moving my body position, or suggesting that she change hers (politely, of course – “Turn this way so I can see those gorgeous tits again”). 8. I appreciate a good stage dance. Count the tips I give to the dancer who has good stage skills. 9. I appreciate costumes. Count the tips I give to the dancer who has clever stage attire. 10. I really do appreciate what you are doing for me and I hope I am letting you know that in the right way. This is not really a think that I can let the dancer know without sounding like a dork (which I probably am). Mainly I do what the government usually does when there is no obvious solution . . . I throw more money at it (her).

5 comments

• CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    #10 is always done in the name of economic development and creating jobs as far as the government is concerned. You are fortunate to be able to 'throw money at the problem.'
  • JacksonEsskay
    12 years ago
    I didn't say I had that much to throw :)
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I always said Thank You after a dance. You would think they don't hear that to often.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    If a dancer asks you for a dance faster than you want her too, maybe you should simply say "why don't you come back when you have time to talk, I'd like to get to know you a little before I decide if I want a dance". Maybe she'll say she has time right now. Maybe she'll take a shot at quick dance from other customers before getting back to you. I can see the point of view that if a dancer's going to make 40-50 bucks of a guy she ought to be willing to give him at least a half hour of her time. But I can also see the dancer's point of view, that if whe can make three time that much in that same half hour, it's not reasonable to expect her to to forgo the extra income. Personally I don't see why so many guys enjoy chating with strippers, they just mostly tell you lies, and their mostly boring lies. But if that's how you swing, find a club that forces dancers to work full shifts, and go during the slow times.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @deogol: I've noticed the same thing. Are customers in general that unappreciative, I wonder?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion