tuscl

Why does this sound familiar....

deogol
Michigan

An Illinois lawmaker wants gun owners to shell out extra taxes in order to finance a new grant program for trauma centers, a move firearms advocacy groups say amounts to a "sin tax" on law-abiding hunters and target shooters.

State Rep. Kelly Cassidy, in a bill introduced earlier this month, proposed a 2 percent surtax on ammunition. The proceeds would go toward a "high-crime trauma center grant fund," which would then send the tax money to trauma centers in "high-crime areas."

www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/21/gun-…

6 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    A tax on ammunition will be strongly opposed by the National Rifle Association. I wish we had an effective organization like to NRA to further the cause of strip club customers and owners and dancers.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Owners have stuck of for their companies - I have seen them in council meetings and such.

Dancers... that is another story. Most don't want to be known as dancers. Most government action requires them to identify themselves by their real names. For all the guff-ah shown on the pink site, dancers do not stick up for themselves.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    "a move firearms advocacy groups say amounts to a "sin tax" "

I have NO problem with it.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Boob tax
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    Nanny State :(
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?