tuscl

Mobile, Alabama

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
I'm going to shamelessly poll the group for any intel on Mobile, Al. The reviews are sparse for these places. Shit, for two of the clubs, some of the most recent reviews are from me, and that was back in late 2010!

My prior experiences are set forth below, but obviously my visits were limited. Also, I have not yet visited the Candy Storek, but I intend to do so on this next trip. There are also supposedly two new clubs that I have virtually no intel for.

Diva's:
I have been to this place twice and it is a dive, but a fun one. The club is small and has very low ceilings, which might cause problems for some non-smokers as the air gets heavy with it. It cost me $11 to get in and I had to fill out a membership form - it would have been $10 if I had a membership card.

The girls on the day shift, which did not end until 9PM, were scary looking and I was happy to see them leaving. The night shift girls were fairly hot and there was a lot of energy.

Dancer drinks are $30, 40 or 50, with the $30 option consisting of a normal drink and the $50 version a huge goblet which lasted my girl well over an hour. My drink, Jack on the rocks, was a reasonable $6.50 for a generous pour. I did not do any dances so I cannot speak to the pricing, but the girl I sat with was liberal in her tableside manners and I had fun spending time with her.

OTC was offered but I would have had to wait until 5 am, when the club closed. Maybe next time

Sammy's:
This place was was interesting. This club has is small but nonetheless has three stages, including one large main stage in the center/back part of the room and two small side stages. If you take a table seat in the middle of the room you are close enough to see all 3 stages fairly well, though only rarely were all 3 in use at the same time during my visit.

The entrance fee was $10 and my Jacks were $6, though for $2 more I could make it a double. The girls were mostly 7-8s with a couple of 6s.

This is one place where my normal gig - nicely suited guy with a wad - probably worked against me. I clearly attracted the attention of a ROB, which doesn't really work me but, once I realized the situation, I was disappointed because I had enjoyed her company up to that point. Anyway, my realization came when she took me to a side room and asked for $40 per dance. I learned after my dance that my buddy did the same with another girl and was only charged $30. ROB girl then tried to pitch me VIP at $450 for one hour or $300 for a half an hour (before her tip). In Mobile AL??? I do not know if other girls would have charged less (though I suspect so), but I'm pretty sure that she was angling for the big score. Too bad, because if she had played it straight she would have earned at least a few hundred from me instead of the $60 she did make (plus a few drinks), but c'est la vie.

Overall though the value for partying with a couple of hot girls was pretty good. The girls were attractive and, since they have recently done away with the special "dancer" prices for drinks, I was able to buy several rounds for 4 people for about $20 per round, which is very good compared to a lot of clubs around the country. I will visit again.

Diamond's:
Didn't stay here long simply because it was uncomfortable. This place is small and they mash as many tables in a small area as the can get away with. Even sitting at the bar is a challenge because the tables are so close that you need to jostle past seated patrons to go to the head.

The day shift was bad - just bad, but the night shift girls were better. However, the bouncer, and some other guy working there, seemed to hover a lot. I wanted to tell them to go back to their seats until I called them for something, but instead simply cut bait and went elsewhere.

ANYTHING that could be added would be appreciated, particularly about the new clubs or the Candy Store. PM me if you would prefer. As always, I am willing to return the favor for one of the many areas to which I frequently travel.

RD

1 comment

• HB13
    13 years ago
    Been to Sammy's about 7 months ago & Candy Store 3 years ago. With Alabama's pastie laws, and the outrageous prices they have there, they have horrible value / dollar & are ROB haunts. I'm no longer visiting any 'bama clubs.

Now I just stay to the New Orleans (Visions) & Baton Rouge (Crazy Horse) clubs. If you were further east, I would follow a friend's advice & keep on going to Florida (Pensacola / Panama City).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion