tuscl

Brad's Brass

https://www.tuscl.net/rev.php?M=D&RID=13…

The recently finished remodel is likely timed for the upcoming Super Bowl. And 3 of the 4 cities still alive have big-spending fan bases (sorry Baltimore... but at least you have 'the block'.) So why not, as the alpha club for Indy, temporarily raise prices and try to make as much as possible??? Out-of-towners will rejoice in the cheap prices of middle America.

After the Indy 500 Brad's Brass can take prices back to the $10 + $2 for dances.

FYI If you're going to Brad's, sit at the rail and overdose on the minilappers performed by the dancers on stage for a $1!!!!! This makes the #1 Brad's complaint, dancers squatting with specific customers, moot because every gal on shift works the stage.

10 comments

• minnow
    13 years ago
    This reviewer has nailed it. I've heard conflicting info about whether this price change is just a Super Bowl thing, or a "permanent" change. Assuming the later, Brass would still be competitive with other clubs, as most charge $20/LD, and at least 1 charges $25.

But, one point not raised by reviewer is the "process" change that increases the annoyance factor. I've posted this before in pm's to BBF fans, and on old club DB: Mainly, the insertion of a cahier into the process of buying regular LD's creates an annoyance for the customer. Really, does addition of a dude standing behind a cash register add any value or enjoyment to your lapdance? Under the recent 10 + 2 system, customer would put up with this, given the $20 price point in most other area clubs. However, if $20 price point stays at the Brass, some people will go to other clubs where they pay dancer a straight $20 just to avoid this annoyance. Time will tell.............
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    A Super Bowl related note - Indiana still is in the dark ages when it comes to anti-smoking laws but some of the downtown bars have decided on their own to prohibit smoking during Super Bowl week.

Never been a big fan of BBF. The dancers have this odd practice of not asking for dances. Even if you ask they say they will come back later but never do. The only thing they had going for them was the cheap dances. Now thats gone. I don't hit any clubs anymore when I'm in Indy. When I'm headed back north I just stop in Kokomo at the Hip Hugger where dances still are $10
  • racejeff
    13 years ago
    One reason the dancers don't ask for dances is with the cheap dances they don't need to as lines of guys will grab them for dances. With the new pricing that will change.

The other issue with this new business model that will be a factor is not only pricing for customers but alternatives dancers. From a customer standpoint as minnow stated the club is still competitive with local clubs. But from a dancer stand point the club is expensive. If a dancer is generally walking out of Rick's or Dancers other $20 clubs with $200 or more that means they made maybe $240 paid Rick's $27 or Dancers $20 in fees and some optional tip out. So 10 or 11 dances means at BBF they paid $50 in house fees indirectly. So they made a lot less for the same work. And now the kicker at Rick's is if they work 3 nights a week that $27 in fees in now only $7. In the long run the better dancers will leave. for better paying clubs.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Brads has extended super bowl hours. Open till 5am. And breakfast buffet 3-5am and 10-11am. Never had breakfast at a strip club before! Try still have a free admission pass on their website.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    Yes - BBF has always been one of the value-kings of SCs. At $20/dance, that goes away. And to the reviewer's point, if I enter the club with say $100, I'll spend $7 to get in and $20 for drinks, leaving $70 for dances. Formerly, I would've spent the entire $70, figuring it's easy to say yes to a girl's offer to dance when all that's on the line is $10. In fact, at those rates, I could just as easily spend my money on 7 dancers at $10/each, or some combination thereof. Now at $20/per, I'll be much more likely to say no to the marginal dancers and maybe get a couple dances from a sure thing. Then I'll leave with $30 still in my pocket.

Maybe BBF figures they'll use the Superbowl to blunt the likely drop in business from regulars, and then just keep it at the new higher rate going forward, deciding that enough folks will just suck it up to make up for the loss of the $10 buyers. It looks like I'll be one of the ones they lose, as it gives me yet another reason to drive the 50miles to HipHugger.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Which Indy club changes their business model and rolls out the $10 dances??? They could eat Brad's lunch!
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    13 years ago
    Guys, I'll be up in Kokomo for the Super Bowl....but, will be getting down in Indy at least one night.....Is Brad's as good as it gets????....and/or, what other club(s) should I hit in and around Indy and why???....appreciate the input.....
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Just one man's opinion - but I don't care for Brads.

Maybe Detroit has spoiled me, but never had fun. Obviously, some others think differently though.

Physically, it's a nice club inside without being a pretentious gentleman's club. And safety is not an issue. But seems to cater to "regulars"
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Is it possible that many of those glowing reviews for BBF are written by regulars, and reflect their satisfaction with state of affairs that many of the regular posters here consider less than ideal?
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    13 years ago
    Mo'Head & GMD, excellent feedback, I'll pass on Brad's and check out something else...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion