tuscl

Time for South Carolina to Celebrate, Primary is Over!

No more phone calls, no more stuffed mailboxes. I'm happy. I started averaging 8 political messages a day on my answering machine late this week and my mailbox was stuffed for 3 days in a row. Commercials on tv were nonstop political attack ads. Hooray, it's over!

Those robocalls where it sounds like Mitt talking but he says your name are kind of creepy.

I think they should have a do not call political list of phone numbers next time. I don't care for all of that. They can mail me stuff but I have to keep hitting the delete key and listen to a couple seconds of each phone message.

6 comments

• sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Have fun Floridians. Apparently SC kept the race alive so you'll get some of what we got.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    WFC
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Anyone who lives in South Carolina. Obviously not you.
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    A Do Not Call list should be just that. Should not matter if it is a political call or a fundraiser not-fo-profit.

Rules are:
    The registry only applies to residential lines, not to business lines.
    A person may still receive calls from political organizations.

The organization Citizens for Civil Discourse has lobbied Congress to close this loophole by developing a National Political Do Not Call Registry where voters can register their phone numbers and ask politicians to take the "Do Not Contact Pledge". Its database is not backed by the force of law and as of November 2008, only 3 politicians running for office signed the pledge.

A person may still receive calls from not-for-profit organizations.
    A person may still receive calls from those conducting surveys.
    A person may still receive calls from companies with which he or she has an existing business relationship for up to 18 months after his or her last purchase, payment, or delivery from it, unless person specifically asks the company not to call again.
    A person may still receive calls from a company up to 31 days[8] after submitting an application or inquiry to that company, unless the company is specifically asked not to call.
    A person may still receive calls from bill collectors (either primary creditors or collection agencies). These callers are, however, regulated by other laws, such as those limiting them to calling during "reasonable hours." Some creditors may not call debtors who file for bankruptcy protection.
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    And everyone should care as those calls are coming soon to your state. Some days we get hit with over 20 calls because there are three registered voters in my household. Sometimes the same darn auto-dialer calls all three of us within minutes of each other. Darn annoying!
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I have caller ID and only answer calls from people I recognize. The Ron Paul campaign didn't bother me with robo calls. Everyone else did. I liked that about the Ron Paul campaign. Everybody else wasted a lot of my time irritating me with their messages on my answering machine. I read a couple of the early letters his campaign sent out. All the mail and phone calls I got in the last week I ignored even though I did watch debates during commercials. Robo calls are for the birds. I like it quiet again. I even had the ringer on my phone turned off for a while.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion