tuscl

Best ALBUM Title

MADDOG_ROMEO
Massachusetts
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:54 PM
Back in the day, when music came in the form of albums, records, cd compilations, etc - there was a concept which included naming that music set. Was thinking about this earlier today, and quickly got to thinking about a band called the "Talking Heads" and how years ago they plucked the lead singer from "Concrete Blonde" (Johnette Napolitano) to front their band. and btw, she's awesome....Anyway, the revised Talking Heads first "album title" and the basis for starting this discussion was.... "No Talking, Just Head"

13 comments

• gatorfan
    12 years ago
    C-Murder -The Truest Shit I Ever Said Fiona Apple - When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    My first immediate thought was "Sticky Fingers" by the Rolling Stones. But I also like "Brain Salad Surgery" by Emerson, Lake & Palmer For comic relief, I like REO Speedwagon's " You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish"
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    gator and mo'head, good stuff.... How about "Countdown to Ecstasy" (Steely Dan)
  • sandyman
    12 years ago
    Motörhead: You can "tuna" fish. You just have to adjust the scales!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    REO Speedwagon's "Hi Infidelity" Fits Hmm...
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    Alucard, yup... More... "Blonde on Blonde" (Bob Dylan) "Permanent Vacation" and "Pink" (Aerosmith) "Slanted and Enchanted" (Pavement) "Who's Next" and "Meaty, Beaty, Big & Bouncy" (The Who) "Please Please Me" (The Beatles) "Bitches Brew" (Miles Davis) "Raising Hell" (Run-DMC) "Appetite for Destruction" (Guns n' Roses)
  • magicrat
    12 years ago
    Tonight's Top Ten Strip Club Themed Album Titles 10 Money for Nothing-Dirt Straits 9 In the Flesh-Roger Waters 8 Tunnel of Love-had to throw a Boss one in there 7 Virgin Killer-Scorpions 6 The Ultimate Sin-Ozzy 5 The Wild, The Willing, The Innocent-UFO 4 Bone Machine-Tom Waits 3 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap-AC/DC 2 Lick It Up-Kiss And the number 1 strip club themed album title 1 Zipper Catches Sin-Alice Cooper
  • EarlTee
    12 years ago
    Zappa: - We're Only In It for the Money - Cheap Thrills - Sheik Yerbouti
  • how
    12 years ago
    Van Halen wanted to name an album "Fuck," but instead they used the words for which that word was originally an acronym: "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge."
  • Rlionheart
    12 years ago
    How about: Cheap Tricks - Big Brother and the Holding Company
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Pink floyd and jimmy hendrix !.... Gator that shit cracked me up !
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    Great to see someone else like Pink Floyd juicebox. How about 'Whole Lotta Rosie' or 'Back in Black' by AC/DC or 'Feel Like Making Love' by Bad Company?
  • JackKash
    12 years ago
    Herb Albert's Tijuana Brass, Whipped Cream and other Delights (and a second album, re-whipped). Google images if you don't know what I'm talking about.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion