tuscl

Philadelphia

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:38 PM
I will be in Philly next week and could use a little help in narrowing down the list for a few club visits. I am far from lazy and have started wading through the reviews, but there are 30 clubs just in Philly! Further, the reviews for some of them are very aged and consist of primarily of reviews from "1 and 1" characters. During my last trip there a few years ago, I spent most of my time at Show-n-Tel and I liked it, but I could use a few other recommendations. Please also feel free to share horror stories or simply clubs to avoid. Feel free to PM if you would prefer. As you can see, I review clubs in a lot of areas and will happily return the favor for anyone visiting an area with which I am familiar.

13 comments

• CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    Playhouse Lounge on the Jersey side... only club I've ever been in where they cut the bottom foot off the dance room doors. No doubt a tribute to the one-time mileage which could've been had.... If dancer income has concommitantly fallen, it may be a spot with eager beaver in search of additional revenue. Afterall, those roundtrip flights to Brasil aren't cheap!
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Thanks CT, though in all candor I will probably look to stay in Philly proper. Given how many clubs there are, some of which are full nude with alcohol options, I'm not sure that Jersey is really calling me...
  • bellman
    12 years ago
    Which clubs to go to depends on what you are looking for. If you want eye candy and limited or no mileage, Delilah's, Penns Port Pub, any of the Club Risque chain are good choices. If you want nude but no alcohol, Daydreams. If your are OK with mainly black dancers in a reasonably safe neighborhood, Club Atlantis or Purple Orchid. For high mileage in a dump drive a few miles north of the city to the Ball Park Tavern in Levittown, or go across to Carnival Book Store in NJ
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    bellman, isn't Daydreams BYOB? The website indicates that one can bring in essentially anything. Thank you btw for the response. Let me know if I can ever reciprocate.
  • ralphyboy
    12 years ago
    on either side of show'n'tel are a philly institution, Penn's Port, and a more conventional 'gentleman's club' Risque, within walking distance-three distinct and quality joints all along delaware ave... a short ride into CC itself would be the well hidden hole in the wall Gold Club...four good and proximate joints...
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Thank you Ralph.
  • bobvz
    12 years ago
    I have been to all the clubs mentioned, and yes on the NJ side, Playhouse lounge is famous, once ranking in the top ten in the country (at least on this board). I have found Oasis Club near the airport and all Philly Airport hotels, to provide the most consistent mileage of any club, and mostly higher mileage. Not nude but topless and plenty of two way contact and full service bar. Prices are decent and barmaids are hot. For a more "Vegas" style club, Christines, about a mile from Oasis has that glitzy feel, but is never crowded and has fewer quality dancers, and the extras or high mileage is hit and miss.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Daydreams is BYO and nude but I haven't been there in a few years. The topless strip clubs have hotter girls and I think Risque or Delilahs are 2 of the better places inside the city if you arent looking to go outside of Philly.
  • macandbum
    12 years ago
    I just posted an updated review on Show and tel (waiting for approval), since you said you haven't been there in a few years. I've been going for a few months and its fine. I'm sure not much has changed other than a few of the dancers.
  • spudd
    12 years ago
    Even though Penthouse Club is topless and serves alcohol, I've seen dancers go bottomless on stage. However, I don't remember them doing it after the raid a few months ago. The only nude, alcoholic I know "in the area" is the new Platinum Plus up north in Allentown..
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    @bob: Thank you, but didn't you give Oasis a mediocre review not too long ago? @mac: Thanks and I'll look forward to seeing the new review of Show-n-Tel. @gator: Thanks for the additional intel. Daydreams is one of the clubs on my short list.
  • macandbum
    12 years ago
    I wrote the review yesterday but I used the update function for the review (I didn't know but I probalby should have just wrote it as a new review). It should be up any time though assuming it went thru.
  • macandbum
    12 years ago
    The updated review didn't show up for some reason, but the steelers lost so i'm happy and am willing to write most of this again. I do a lot of observing when i'm there just becuase some dancers are boring and sometimes the girls onstage or walking around are not my cup of tea. I went there this past week. Not very crowded. My best advice is to go around 11pm on a Friday or Saturday. If you go when the club opens (around 9) or a weekday that doesn't have a sporting event like the philles or flyers, you will most likely be one of the few people there. I made that mistake last time and I remembered not to show up too early. If you want to make a quick visit or be the only guy at the club, then that's the time to do so. A majority of the clubgoers here are younger males ranging from 18-35. there are some older men scattered around as well. Its mostly a hangout for the newbies I guess. If there's a bachelor party or a larger group of people in the club, its a more fun place to be. I've gone on a Tuesday (bad decision) and on a friday night (when there was a bachelor party) and you can see the difference. Remember that how you dress and act will determine how you are treated at the club. Although most of the females will ask everyone, some will avoid you if you look like a cheap. from my experience, the older males who look like they're in their 50's and have steady jobs get the most attention. I don't know why you would wear a suit to this club, since you'll smell like cigarettes and perfume afterward. the guy who sat near me and took 30 dollars in ones and put it on the table made it seem like he was a baller or something (most of the dancers would hit him up first). I prefer not to be a moron and keep my money in my pockets for access. there are about 8-12 bouncers in the club on a given night. 3 in the front to scan and collect your cover charge, one between the video store, and the others are scattered around the club and near the vip rooms. Usually if there's going to be trouble (like outside near the entrance, or inside of the club, they respond quickly). The only issue I have with them is that there's no one that occassionally goes around the strip club or near the other side where we park. That area near the paper company and penn's port is pretty sketchy at most times. No hats policy is nice and they usually check on clubgoers if they seem suspicious or the metal detector goes off. couch dances - 30 bucks. Some girls allow two way contact, some won't. buyer beware. There's no consistency with the females. I think its what they think of you and if they think you'll go vip. Its in a booth (if you weigh more than 300lbs, you'll probably not fit in it). Its out in the open and facing the stage, so others can see you and you can see them. that's how you would know who allows what. vip- 100 bucks for 16 minutes. its videotaped. extras don't happen in there often if they happen at all. there is a chair and there is a black block (table) that is padded that serves as a "bed." champange room- I have no idea the cost or how its set up. Dancers don't rotate around too much. You'll see the same 10 dancers and a few newbies from time to time. Their website is out of date and most of the girls on it no longer work there. Most of the females range from 1's to 8's. I've talked to a few of the girls. some are nice and some are rude. Once you sit down, within about 30 seconds a dancer will approach you. Drinks are 5 bucks or so and shots are the same price. There are two shot girls that go around selling the shots out of minature vials. If those two were dancers, I would say they would be some of the more popular dancers. its byob, so if you want to save money or so, you can do so. most of the patrons here buy from the bar and there are some people that don't. the shot girls are pushy, but they'll leave you alone if you don't want to take a shot. Barmaids are nice, but one will tip herself if you exchange for dollar bills (she'll ask while she is putting it in her top) and the other will just give you the money and walk away. There are 2 stages: one is a smaller stage with 2 poles (one dancer performs at a time, unless its really busy) and the other has about 4 poles (usually 3 maximum). The music is mostly hip hop and r&b. I've been here enough times that I know some of the names and how they are. Jill (late 20's-early thirties, skinny, dirty blonde hair, a few tattoos) is probably the best dancer onstage. Usually she hits up the older men after her songs and stays with them for a while. Dawn (early-mid 20's, fit (not muscular), currently a brunnette) is in my opinion one of the more attractive females at the club. One of the girls that does the four girl sex show. Great dancer onstage. She has a hoarse voice though and sometimes smells of cigarettes, though. Carmella (mid 20's, cute blonde, fit) is also one of the prettier girls at the club. She goes onstage but doesn't do much dancing. Usually its a game of "shooting hoops" with her. if you've been at the club, you know what that means. If i had to take a guess, I would say she is the most popular at the club and makes the most if you exclude the earnings that dawn gets from the 4 girl sex show). Unknown name (mid 20's, tattoos on torso and feet, nice body) is a newer dancer. I am not sure of her stage name though. I saw her recently but never saw her here before. Those four listed are the most popular at the club. They get the most tips and lap dances from what i've seen. I haven't gotten a lap dance from any of them, but I've seen them give air dances to some of the customers. I have issues about getting couch dances after other fat smelly guys get their dances. I prefer not to get other guy's sweat on me. Its hit or miss at this club with the dances. I think that most don't want you to touch the "kitty" in the couch dances and are fine with touching. Others are not; I think it depends on who you are and if you're a regular. Erin (mid to late 20's, sort of reminds me of julie stiles), magic (30's), nicki (30's - she looks like magic but I know they aren't the same because she's in the 4 girl sex show and magic was talking to me when it was occurring), ann (late 20's, seems like a lot of people buy her drinks and she doens't do much other than drink with the guys), and brielle (late 20's- early 30's, light skinned black female) are some others that I've encountered. Nice girls and will shoot shit with you if you want. Dances are fine with them. I personally prefer these ladies just because they've treated me more respectfully when I've declined a dance. More mileage with these ladies at the couch dance compared to the ones listed above. There are other females that could fit other tastes (there are about 7 other black women, 2 asians (one is older and looks manly, one is younger and seems to be more popular), a few hispanic females, an older larger woman (she has the largest breasts, but she's over 250lbs easily), and others that I can't recall. Most of the dances from them will give you a lot more contact though. So its whether you want more contact from unattractive females or if you want less contact with attractive females. They will come at you endlessly though, so get ready for it. One female in particular, i would recommend you guys avoiding. I'm not sure of her name becuase she doesn't dance. She's blonde, has a muffin top, and her breath smells. She'll tell you bullshit like "you're the hottest guy here, i'm having a bad day, vip is better don't waste your time out here, I know you have money". I told her mutliple times "no, i'm not interested in a dance from you" but she kept persisting. Finally after the third time she told me to "stop being an uptight asshole and to go home if i'm going to be an asshole." It was completely awkward for me. I didn't complain about it, so I just ended up getting a dance from the other dancer that was sitting near her earlier. Was the other dancer attractive? no, that's beside the point. lol. the four girl sex show is on fridays and saturdays. usually around 1am. I forgot to mention last call for alcohol is 2am. 4 girls on the larger stages and you throw money to try to get them to your portion of the stage. you can't choose who the 4 girls are or even if you want two of them to switch. the show is based on how much money you throw. based on my last visit, it wasn't much of a show since it was a "dead" night. the girls rotate around the larger stage areas eventually so it doens't matter if your stage doesn't "win." I think the boss was there the other day (bald guy with a turtle neck). I didn't ask becuase I don't talk to random men at strip clubs. Seemed to be a big deal since all of the bouncers and dancers came to greet him. overall, its a fun place. I would never come on a days other than friday or saturday though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion