tuscl

Anyone familiar with Maine?

Sunday, July 23, 2006 6:33 AM
I'm reading a novel published in 1993 where one of the characters, a young girl, get arrested for giving hand jobs in a massage parlor in Maine. Her lawyer explains that it used to be legal in Maine but that some towns had recently (as of 1993 I suppose) outlawed it. Anyone know if that's true and if it's still legal in some parts of the state? And if so, how about in ME strip clubs?

22 comments

• Book Guy
    18 years ago
    FONDL, you're recalling reading about Seductions in Niagara Fall,s Ontario, where there's a "lingerie modeling and massage" studio attached. My experiences there, were that the massage joint was a front for very-low-service extras at a high cost; while the strip club, itself, was such a free-for-all that it's been nick-named "Suctions." In other words, the levels of extra service available were in the opposite of what you might initially intuit: more at the club, less at the "spa." And no, the "spa" wasn't a real spa at all.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    FONDL, you're recalling reading about Seductions in Niagara Fall,s Ontario, where there's a "lingerie modeling and massage" studio attached. My experiences there, were that the massage joint was a front for very-low-service extras at a high cost; while the strip club, itself, was such a free-for-all that it's been nick-named "Suctions." In other words, the levels of extra service available were in the opposite of what you might initially intuit: more at the club, less at the "spa." And no, the "spa" wasn't a real spa at all.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    FONDL: It was a joke.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Doc, I'm of the opinion that if you speak French and carry US dollars, evrything is available in Quebec.
  • DocErotica
    18 years ago
    FONDL, no, I haven't yet tried any clubs in Canada. I'm close enough to Quebec to make that a possibility but not Montreal. I'll do some research to see what might be available in Quebec.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Yoda, I was thinking of places that have mineral springs baths and mud baths and legitimate massage and stuff like that, not whore houses. Seems to me that some time ago I read a review of a strip club in Canada near Niagara Falls that had a massage parlor attached. I don't remember if the same girls did both, but I always thought it would be fun to meet a stripper and have her give you a nude massage. I was just wondering if that was legal and/or common anywhere.
  • maverick69
    18 years ago
    Years ago when Platinum Plus was Mark's Showplace the cover was 3 bucks, lap dances 5 bucks and the the only touching then was around the waist when they straddled to face you and reverse cowgirl to grind......and next door a topless coffee shop......ah yes milk right from the tap!!!!
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    FONDL: By "Fancy Health Spa out west" do you mean the Bunny Ranch? If not I would assume that extras are not on the menu...I think...
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Doc, ever been to any clubs in Canada? I have several times and they were great, but that was an awful long time ago. In fact I think the first time I ever saw a fully nude girl on stage was in Montreal. Just wondering what Canadian clubs are like now, in addition to being cheaper of course.
  • parodyman-->
    18 years ago
    Stephen King is familiar with Maine. A great many of his writings are based in Maine. I believe he also lives there. Maybe he could write a story for us... "The Snatch that Ate The World" or some such shit.
  • DocErotica
    18 years ago
    I have recently visited and reviewed three strip clubs in Maine: Platinum Plus, Diconzo's, and Steppin' Out. Platinum Plus is a major commercial venue but is very nearly all air. There's no contact for the private dances. You can sometimes negotiate touching with a particular dancer in the Champagne Room, but you're paying $400-600 total (room and companion) for that privilege and it will usually be limited touching. The "dorm mom" hangs around outside the cubicles and walks in occasionally, so nothing very intense is practical. On the other hand, the two other venues I mentioned above use dancers provided by an outfit called Bodies in Motion (BIM). BIM has a fairly liberal touching policy that includes breasts and nipples but not pussy and within those guidelines, touching is fully encouraged. Steppin' Out is the nicer of the two BIM venues. Lap dances are $2 minimum and floor dances $5-10 before the G-straps come off and $10-20 after. Some of the girls flash a lot of pussy for viewing, though not touching. Steppin' Out is one helluva lot more fun than Platinum Plus with a lot of contact at reasonable prices.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    Rockie: There is no law against it. That doesn't mean that establishemnts with liquor and entertainment licenses don't have to be on the look out for trouble from LE. Nothing is ever that black and white.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Not to get too far afield, but I've been told by a well-traveled licensed professional massage therapist that the covering of a patient with towel or sheet while giving a legitimate non-sexual massage is primarily an East Coast thing, that many places on the West Coast don't bother. I'm also told that there are fancy health spas out west where both patient and therapist are nude, in fact just about everyone is. Don't know if that implies extras or not. Anyone familiar with fancy health spas like this in the West? What services are typically available?
  • rockie
    18 years ago
    I'm open to someone informing me otherwise, but I remember it as legal. It wasn't a matter of LE ignoring it.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    By "legal" do you mean within the law or not enforced? I think FONDL is asking about written law.
  • rockie
    18 years ago
    In Providence, RI it is all considered legal in the club. There was an article in the Providence Phoenix(?) about what's legal and illegal in Providence within the past 6 months. Essentially anything itc was legal!
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    FONDL: I'm sure they're considered prostitution in Canada, but that doesn't make them illegal. In strip clubs, yes. In massage parlors, I don't think so. I believe Canada only outlaws streetwalkers and prostitution in bars under "bawdy house" laws. Incall or "properly" advertised outcall are A-OK.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    Yoda, how about Canada? Or anywhere else in the US for that matter. Any areas where HJs given as part of a massage or LD aren't considered a form of prostitution? I'm not planning any trips, just curious.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    FONDL: It's not legal, there have been at least two MP's that got raided and shut down in the last year or two. The clubs are pretty bad up there with the possible exception of Platinum Plus in Portland. Gorgeous women, not much contact. I've heard rumors of take-out service but I don't go there enough to have any first hand knowledge.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I could have sworn the State Quarter for Maine was about being the home of legal handjobs. Or maybe it was loststers, I forget.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    Rhode Island does not currently have a law stating that prostitution is illegal indoors. Streetwalking is illegal. That being said, the city can enforce laws against lewd and lascivious behavior in any establishment if it wants to and suspend liquor or entertainment licenses if it wants to. There are several AMPS operating in Providence and it's a very easy place to find a hand job or more in the strip clubs. AMPS DO get busted in RI, either for operating without a license or for employing illegal alliens.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion