tuscl

Ever get ticked off at a dancer because she won't leave you alone?

I encountered a dancer tonight, probably didn't help that it was early or around 10 PM and a group of guys left leaving only 4 other guys available in the club at that moment. There were alot more dancers than guys in the club at that moment. Anyway this one dancer sat beside me and kept insisting I get a two for one dance from her. I didn't want to. After I don't know how long, 10 to 20 minutes of no thanks, not right now, maybe later, I had to keep going and going of why I didn't want to get dances from her. Then eventually she started saying things that started to tick me off. I'm not sure if she even knew at first that was what she was doing.

Why do some dancers just want to argue with a customer? I finally ended the situation by saying I was going to tip a dancer (and not coming back if she was still there). She left my table after that. Maybe she was new. Kind of hard to get into a conversation when all she wanted to do was argue. Oh get this piece of news, the dancer told me "the dancers make their money by getting dances" Yeah, big news there. I just don't see how that many dancers make much money in that club. Maybe I'm too nice and should have bluntly told her something like "look bitch, I don't want your fucking dances." Any of you run into this situation?

The rest of my night went pretty good. However I still feel some of the residual anger that starting growing within me. Oh, as I was waiting for it to stop pouring down rain outside standing near the door, she spotted me and asked me for a dance again.

I should probably try to forget this experience. Instead think about going to tip a dancer at another club with very nice tits with another dancer who seemed pretty frisky with me. Tipping went like normal. Then I got sandwiched between the two dancers. The DJ announced "Hey look a sandwich." and I was the meat in the middle. That was fun. I was wondering how that looked from the side.

Another dancer in the club I got sandwiched came up to me, sat on my lap to start with and started acting frisky. Then she started to tell me how good I smelled. I was trying to figure that one out, I didn't put anything on. Maybe some other dancers rubbed off on me, maybe she liked my natural scent or something. I got two dances from her shortly afterwards.

Anyway, I feel better getting this rant out of my head. Anybody else ever have a problem getting rid of a dancer? I hate it when a dancer wants to argue excessively and won't leave me alone.

11 comments

• chandler
    17 years ago
    Well, it seems like quite a while since we've seen this perennial question. Suddenly, we get two versions. I haven't had a problem with this since my newbie days of clubbing. I really think the key to it is being able to say a simple no thanks, politely but very firmly. Not "I'm not ready", not "maybe later", no excuses, nothing that leaves any hope that you're open to persuasion or even discussing the matter.

And if she tries to take a seat next to you, tell her sorry it's taken, that you're saving the seat for another girl. But your tone is as important as your choice of words. You need to sound confident that you know exactly what you want and it happens to be somebody else. All courteously matter of fact, neither belittling nor apologetic.

Although I'm being analytical about explaining this, I've never given it much thought. My reaction in these situations comes instinctively. I think the guys who have a problem with turning down strippers are the type who feel flattered that they're asked for a dance, even by a girl they don't want. Really, it's not romance, just commerce. Above all, there's no need to get angry about any of this. In fact, by getting emotional, you're giving in to her, agreeing to her terms. To the type of stripper who plays this angle, getting an angry reaction is more encouraging than a matter of fact no. Why encourage her?
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    LOL@evilcyn - My problem with evilcyn is that I can't get her to stick around me long enough! :-) Actually, evilcyn has a very pleasant approach with other customers. With me, she doesn't have to ask, she just comes up to me and says, "Come with me, the champaigne room is empty!". Then, like a dog, I trot along behind her with my 'tail' wagging.....

Actually casualguy, I have been in many situations like that. They usually occur in the small clubs. I try and stay polite in declining dancers' offers, but sometimes they are just too stubborn and you have to tell them like it is, even if their feelings are hurt.

Memphis PP was one such club where the dancers were very aggressive on dayshift. That PP was infamous about the 2 girl team tagging of a customer.

Several times, I have just up and left a club do to the over-aggressiveness of dancers. Some of those type clubs should watch for that, because they're losing alcohol sales, and that's a big loss for the club!

• evilcyn
    17 years ago
    I see this all the time when I bartend.. Girls that just won't stop, and I have seen guys get angry and sometimes even leave...As a dancer, I will ask if you would like a dance and if you say no, then its no... Hell tell me who you want, I'll go get her...
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    "No thank you."
    "I see. How about a tip. Don't you LIKE naked tits?"
    "No, thanks, not right now."
    "I see. Well, what's wrong, you don't like me?"
    "No, thank you. Nope."
    "But don't you WANT a sexy lady to crawl all over you?"
    "No thank you."
    "Can I come back later? How about you buy me a drink?"
    "No, thanks though."
    "Is it my outfit? If you don't like my outfit, I'll take it off for you."
    "Naw, really, no thanks."
    "I don't get it. Why did you come in here then? If you don't want me, why are you in a strip club."
    "Thanks but no thanks."
    "Is it me? Do you find me unfriendly? Unattractive? Unappealing."
    "Whatever. No thanks."
    "I want to dance for you. Will you let me dance for you?"
    "No. No, no, no. No thanks."
    "I'm paying. I'll give you seven dances for free."
    "No thank you. No thank you. No thank you."
    "I'm not any uglier than any of the other girls but I'm also genuine and real, they're just fake."
    "No. Thank. You."

• driver01
    17 years ago
    No more so than when the significant other won't leave me alone...I think it's more than a dancer problem, it's a gender thing...lol.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Book Guy: Your tone is all wrong. Your lips say no, but your attitude says you're a nice guy who can be bullied. If a no thanks doesn't get the message across, you're allowed to try "get lost".
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    My answere to this also applies to the topic above this one. If the polite "No thank you" doesn't work then I give her a dirty look and hit the ignore button. If that doesn't work, then I bring out the big guns. I go find one of my favorite dancers and ask her to come and sit in my lap untill the other bitch leaves. Of course I then have to buy some dances from my favorite but that is what I wanted in the first place.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Chandler: I think I meant that pseudo-fictitious reply for the other thread about dancers who won't take "no" for an answer. I personally don't experience that very much -- a few pushier girls require a third response, but basically a second one is all that's ever necessary, and you can generally be very nice about it. Smile, "no thanks, not tonight" or, at worst, "you're not my type, sorry" can guarantee that the ugly slags aren't so pissed off that they figure out a way to make your life miserable in some other manner.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I did say NO. NO Thanks. Maybe later. I mean she stayed beside me not for 10 seconds but 15 to 20 minutes after I turned her down. I remember I was waiting for a decent dancer to get on stage and get naked so I could go tip her. Well I actually was waiting for her to leave but she didn't. Now that I think about when this happens, the club usually isn't crowded.

I think the last dancer that was that persistent I encountered at the Greenville PP club a few years ago. I thought the average girl on the street looked better than her. After a few visits and lots of aggravation, she offered free dances. After saying no to that, she offered to take me home. When I said no to that, she got the message and never bothered me again.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I just thought about this today but I'm probably going to remember the dancer who started to get me a bit ticked off now. I'm not upset at all at her now but I still remember her pretty good.

I saw on the national news perhaps last week some evidence that memory is linked to adrenaline. Some doctor or researcher was doing experiments to help people forget traumatic past memories. It worked. Seemed like a big discovery to me but I heard some in our government were trying to block it. Apparently if you get a shot of adrenaline immediately after something happens, you remember it. That explains why we remember so well a number of different events in our lives. It also means I will probably remember the times when a dancer got me upset since I probably had a release of adrenaline if she got me upset enough. For any war veterans who may have happened to read this and am wondering what I am talking about. It could help with Post Traumatic Stress I believe.

For the curious a quote talking about what I was above
    " effect, said McGaugh, is not unlike what propranolol does biochemically and it fits neatly into what's known about how PTSD can progressively worsen with each recurrence of the traumatic memory.
    " The substance I heard about was propranolol and to lessen the memory the subject had to be thinking about it when the propranol was given to them. Found this on http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/neuro/me…
    after searching for something on what I heard on the news. I heard it's controversial but I think that's simply because a number of doctors don't understand it yet.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    How appropiate, a big storm struck where I was at that night, and then within a mile of the area I went to afterwards and now I have one here. I think I'm being followed, lol.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion