tuscl

Do stripclubs have recruiters??

I was at a toplessbar that I don't go to on a regular basis. The girls as a whole look better than the ones at my regular club. I was talking to a dancer about my regular club. She had asked me for a dance and I told her I didn't want 1 because I know that it would be no contact. I told her that my regular club gives contact dances. She said she had visited there once and was surprised at the contact. Later on I had ordered a shot of "lemon drop" for her. The waitress brought back a tiny little plastic cup which was way smaller than what my regular clubs offers. I told the dancer that she could have had way more alcohol for the same price at my regular club.

From this experience I got to thinking that maybe if the owner would let me I could work as a recruiter for the club. Maybe recruit girls that I know, or girls from other clubs. I wouldn't tell them that I was working for the other club, but just act as a regular customer. Just like last night I could point out the advantages to working at my favorite club becasue for instance they play better music, and you get your money's worth for what you payout on the drinks. Like I said I don't know if the owner of the Stardust Lounge(my fav club) would do any business like this. I have seen him kick out bums that come into the club asking for a handout. He didn't literally kick them out just told them they had to pay the cover charge or leave.

Well what do you think? Do you think it is worthwhile to do so? I also have seen a DJ from another club come into my favorite club asking girls did they want to work at the club he was with. I think that I would be good at it. Do you think it is worthwhile trying?

13 comments

• sweetsC
    18 years ago
    I work with a couple of adult modeling agencies on a regular basis. Both of them do placements in some of the more upscale mens clubs. A lot of the girls who are just getting into the adult modeling business will take work in strip clubs to fill in the gaps. The only trouble is that these are not always the hottest models the agency represents. The really hot girls usually have to turn down work.
  • FONDL
    18 years ago
    A lot of clubs have "amateur" nights, which is when strippers from other clubs come to check the place out. And some clubs run ads in the paper, especially if there's a local paper that reviews and promotes strip clubs. Other than that I think most recruiting is informal, mostly word of mouth. I have heard of girls being recruited from the general workplace, eg. I once met a stripper who had been working as a bank teller and was invited to audition at a club by one of its managers. But I think that's fairly rare, I think most girls get into the business because they have a friend who is a stripper and is making a lot of money, and the friend convinces them to give it a try.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    They could be competing to start up, or establish a name which they deserve. For example, in Memphis right now, some of the really good clubs aren't "famous" like Platinum Plus is; so, good clubs like Christies and Gold Club have some ads in the local papers.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Without reading this whole thread I would say some people may verbally promote a club to friends and others. Other than that, I hear radio ads for strip clubs alot of the time. Unless a club is struggling I believe strip clubs don't need recruiters or promoters. If patrons like the dancers at a club, they'll tell their friends and that's all a club needs to be successful unless it's out in the boondocks where no one lives. Now if I see a sign along the road for a strip club that says "Free Beer tonight", I might wonder why they are offering free beer.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I think a lot of bigger cities have a "pecking order" of clubs, at which there's a general trade-off between (a) quality of appearance, personality, and "togetherness" of dancers and (b) level of security, payout, clientele, and other benefits for dancers. I have not found, by the way, that the availability of extras has any relation to level of either (a) or (b) at any club.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I've heard of some clubs requiring dancers to undergo auditions and they only pick the best. These clubs apparently do not need recruiters.
  • FunSeeker
    18 years ago
    May be. I did see adds in the employment section from the agencies in the newpaper looking for dancers. I was new to Seattle are back in 1990. I was looking for good clubs didn't know how. So, I called this agency, and I was recommended to Rick's and Sugar's. It was really great recommendations. I had great times in both the clubs!
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Jpac: It's called "stealth marketing" when you pose as just a happy customer and don't tell people you're promoting a business or product for compensation. For example, some camera companies recently planted people in different cities to ask strangers to take their picture with their digital camera, then to talk up how cool the camera was in order to generate buzz. I don't know how receptive strip clubs would be to using such a "cutting edge" form of promotion, but I bet they would appreciate its underhandedness.

On the other hand, management's mentality is usually that they've got the pussy, and the last thing they need from a customer is help getting more pussy. What you'd be proposing is essentially a finder's fee for bringing in new pussy. I would imagine their answer would be that's between you and the girl. They're in business to take her stage fees, not to give out anything to anybody.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    I meant to add: It may be that some clubs recruit, but if they do, I bet they prefer to use other strippers, not guys.
  • Jpac73
    18 years ago
    Yeah they probably would prefer to use other strippers than guys. Still even if I don't get any compensation, there is no harm in trying to help my #1club out. I get the better looking girls to come to in the contact club. More fun for me.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Ever thought that maybe the reason that some of the better-looking girls were at the club that is NOT your favorite, is exactly the reason you prefer your club? Level of contact? Hmm?
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    Considering the vagabond nature of dancers, it would seem like the dancers themselves are the best recruiters. On the other hand, I imagine the really classy gentlemen's clubs probably do have some sort of convention in Las Vegas or something where they could get in touch wit hsome dancers.
  • Yoda
    18 years ago
    Dancers go where the money is. Sometimes a newbie may take a while to realize this but eventually they catch on that the club os just a venue for them to earn in. I have seen SC managers or owners show up at other clubs looking to recruit girls but I don't see it beeing a trend for customers. Girls ask me about other clubs all the time. My advice is always to talk to someone who already works there. A customer's perspective of what makes a good club is different from a dancer's.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion