tuscl

2 Atlanta clubs bite the dust.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:52 AM
I saw this coming a year ago when the city(Forrest Park} changed their ordinance. These two clubs have been operating as Bikini clubs to keep their liquor licenses. But there was no way they could compete with 40 other strip clubs that were full nudity with alcohol. Licenses revoked over strip club charge CLAYTON COUNTY, Ga.[Atlanta} — The business licenses of two Forest Park restaurants that were once strip clubs have been revoked. “If these two operations had performed as the ordinance asked, this would never have taken place,” Forest Park City Manager John Parker said. City officials said surveillance video taken inside the Crazy Horse Saloon and Pink Pony South shows employees touching and exposing themselves to customers, in violation of city and state laws. Both businesses gave up their adult entertainment licenses earlier this year to get a liquor license. “It appears that there might have been some illegal activity with some of the ladies,” Parker said. According to the order to revoke the licenses, which was made public Monday, both businesses continued to operate as adult entertainment establishments, even though both are licensed as restaurants. An attorney representing the businesses disputes the alleged violations. “If somebody sits on my lap, that does not make me an adult entertainment club,” attorney Aubrey Villines said. Now, both businesses have been stripped of their business and liquor licenses. “I believe the process was sound,” Parker said. Villines said the businesses addressed past issues. “We had one violation that we thought was a violation and we fired that person immediately,” Villines said. He called the entire process flawed and said his clients were unfairly targeted and harassed by the city. “We were visited more often, about four times more often that other consumption clubs,” Villines said. Both businesses have 30 days to appeal the decision.

11 comments

• Rod8432
    13 years ago
    This is an unfortunate loss for us all, and reminds me of the targeted action against the former Gold Club on Linbergh of a few years back. Seems to coincide with the somewhat recent disappearance of any Asian Massage Parlors south of the airport, as well. I guess aside from airport parking lot fees, I won't be spending any money in that neck of the Atlanta woods anytime soon.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    This is an unfortunate loss for us all, and reminds me of the targeted action against the former Gold Club on Linbergh of a few years back. Seems to coincide with the somewhat recent disappearance of any Asian Massage Parlors south of the airport, as well. I guess aside from airport parking lot fees, I won't be spending any money in that neck of the Atlanta woods anytime soon.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    Well at least it wasn't a drug raid that shut them down.
  • Columbo
    13 years ago
    Crazy Horse was one of my favorite clubs before they were forced to go bikini only. Only been to PPS once but it was a nice looking club. At least we still have over 60 clubs remaining scattered all over the metro Atlanta area. I'm sure we will see the remaining girls from those clubs at other clubs.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    Sorry for the triple post. I had inadvertently "ignored" myself, and so it was appearing my posts weren't posting. Kinda weird until I figured it out.
  • snowtime
    13 years ago
    Never went to either of the Forrest Park, Ga. clubs. From what I heard they were very tame. Nice to know the city has surplus money to have agents visit these clubs 4 times more than normal clubs. I see a lot more suspicious activity in that area of Atlanta which could have been monitered instead. I suspect the agents would prefer "monitering" strip clubs than having to do something productive like rounding up some thugs. Anyway, the city or Chamblee is apparently not complaining about dancers sitting on customer's laps at Follies, Pink Poney, and Oasis. Guess they will take the much needed tax/license revenue and let their officers do something that really matters. Wonder if I will live long enough to see these local governments wise up and let consenting adults do what consenting adults like to do.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    One reason why strip clubs should not be so adament about installing cameras. Was this the pony with the sushi bar?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    sam - Yes it was. I went there with trojangreg just after the club opened. Absolutely beautiful but nothing but air dances and bird dogs all over the place. I won't miss it. Crazy Horse on the other hand was a fairly good club a few years ago. Then it stated to go down hill. BTW both clubs are owned by the same organization. See [view link]
  • trojangreg
    13 years ago
    I lived in Jonesboro when they closed down all the amp's. The sheriff took a school bus and went from massage parlor to massage parlor and loaded up the ladies. I used to pass at least six of these establishments on my way home from work. This is the same county that almost had their school system de-certified because of poor test scores and no money for teachers etc. Keep closing down business's and you won't have any revenue. I guess The Goldrush is going to benefit from the closures. More dancers etc. Goldrush was more fun anyways. PPS was fancy but no fun. Never made it to the new Crazy Horse but the old one was fun in a local bar kind of way.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    damn vice cops
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion