tuscl

tipping for a booth on 8 mile detroit

Its been a long time since I've indulged in a night out on the famous strip. What is customary for a booth when stopping in
For dinner and a few drinks...I don't want to insult anyone or look like a fool. It used to be a 20 bill..that was a
Loooong time ago...how have things changed? Or what's the procedure? Thanks

6 comments

• samsung1
    13 years ago
    during the week days it is $20 at Penthouse club on 8 mile. I have also heard they ask you to vacant the booth if you are not spending money but since you are just there for dinner and drinks I'm sure you won't have a problem unless you plan on sitting there for a while after dinner. My guess is $20/hour is expected on the busy nights.

I have read review for a small black club (I can't remember the name) wanting $100 for a booth.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Also forgot to mention there are two types of booths at Penthouse. $20 seems to be the normal price but they do have a few fancier looking booths that I heard the price is $30. Again, this probably varies depending the time and day you are going. Show up at 11pm and expect to pay higher price than if you showed up at 6pm.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago

"I have also heard they ask you to vacant the booth if you are not spending money"

Tipping for a booth can be a real Catch 22. At the Flight Club I once tipped generously for a booth in the daytime (not real busy) and I WAS spending money. When I returned after some time upstairs, they had given away my booth. They want it both ways. The door boys are cocksuckers.
  • boatmonkey
    13 years ago
    I stay away from those overpriced clubs - go to La Chambre, sit anywhere you want, and spend your hard-earned money on fun with the girls!
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I have to disagree with La Chambre recommendation. That place was too rowdy for me at night and I could not find any place to sit except at the bar. I am also not sure if they even serve food.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    I have resigned myself to sitting at the bar. I cannot give somebody $20.00 for a booth I know he will give away at the first opportunity.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion