tuscl

Happy Veteran's Day

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
I know there are several past and present veterans out there. Have a good day.

15 comments

• troop
    13 years ago
    to the other vets and you have a good day too george ;-(
  • troop
    13 years ago
    ooops wrong key above not ( but :-)
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Any deals for vets today?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Applebee's, Chili's and a few more offering free meals but have seen no strip club deals. Bad news banks, etc closed so we can't get cash to go clubbing.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Thanks guys, and ladies for your service.
  • motorhead
    13 years ago
    Yes, thanks to all the veterans out there.

My father belonged to what Tom Brokaw described as "The Greatest Generation". He turned 18 in April, 1944. Finished high school in May and left for basic training a week after his graduation. The day he turned 18, he signed up for the service...didn't even wait to be drafted. This was 2 months before D-Day, so at that time he had no idea how long yet the war could go on. I admire the courage he had to do that. I don't think I could have done that.

• HootnHal
    13 years ago
    Thanks to all veterans! Glad we have the freedoms we do, thanks to you. Took Dad (WWII) to a local club (non sc) where we honored all the vets. I served in Vietnam era but was stationed stateside for which i was also thankful. Good to see respect due.
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    I salute all the veterans too. Thank you very much for serving your country.
  • Rlionheart
    13 years ago
    I am typing this and sitting in this free society because of what you have done and continue to do.
    With more thanks than I can express
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    I'll try, troop, but *yesterday* was the more personally important day. :)
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    Columbus Gold gives free admission any time if you have a military ID. The dance prices are a major rip off ($50/song or a sale price of 3 for $99).
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    Much love and many thanks to all of our military personnel (current and veterans).
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Club veterans count?
  • spoonie
    13 years ago
    A little late, but Hooters had a nice wing deal, and the view was good too. I had a free breakfast and chatted with a Korean war vet and Vietnam war vet, and they filled me in on that special, thank you very much guys. 1st Persian Gulf war vet myself.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    For the first time since my father's death I was unable to visit his grave on November 11. My old man was one of Canada's genuine heroes in WWII and a tough old bastard to boot (wounded five times in all the combat he saw during the war).

I went to the Remembrance Day ceremony in downtown Toronto on 11/11/11 at 1100AM.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion