tuscl

Strippers becoming employees

winorhino
Florida
Apparently Ecstasy Theater (located in Santa Ana, CA) strippers, will, by court order, become employees of that strip club come March 28, 2012. "Olivia" an owner of the club, imposed fines of $200 dollars for no-shows. That and other business practices made the court decide stripper's independent contractor status was invalid.

Blog here from a "John" a patron who maintains an independent website for the club.

http://ecstasytheatre.com/settlement/?pa…

3 comments

• deogol
    13 years ago
    I get a kick out of these people (managers) who want to treat dancers like employees and then call them independent contractors. Anyone who has had work done to their home knows exactly how independent contractors are.
  • JohnBuford
    13 years ago
    When my son was fresh out of law school he clerked for a Judge who was hearing a suit brought by strippers against a club on this very topic.He told me a bit about the suit and it was all I could do to keep a poker face.I stayed away from that club for awhile fearing a "site visit" from the Judge and her clerk. :)
  • Jackmd
    13 years ago
    Well at least we won't have to fill out 1099-G's when we spend over $600 if they are employees.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion