tuscl

Amazing that they did not try to shut down the club.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
South Carolina School District Moves Bus Stop From Strip Club

Published September 09, 2011

Myrtle BEACH, South Carolina -- Officials in South Carolina are moving a school bus stop that was near a strip club after parents complained.

WPDE-TV reports that children had to wait in the parking lot of a strip club in Atlantic Beach to catch the school bus.

Misty Umphries, a mother who waits at the stop with her children, says she had to explain to her 4-year-old the meaning of "topless."

Horry County transportation director Jim Wright previously said the stop was the central point of four blocks it needed to accommodate. Wright was concerned that moving the stop to a community center that parents suggested would require some children to walk farther.

District officials have since decided to create two bus stops in the area. Neither is at the strip club

5 comments

• overnights
    13 years ago
    Some school district bus supervisor probably drew up the route map from internet maps rather than having someone actually go out and ride/create the bus route and its stops. I used to drive a school bus years ago and they actually had someone ride the route when it was created so that there would be no stops on hills, blind driveway entrances, and other dangerous locations. While I personally would not consider a strip club parking lot a dangerous place (at least in the daytime :) ) they could have avoided the problem by simply having someone drive the route before school began this year.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    In this Day & Age of Media overkill, it is NEVER too early to discover what "Topless" means. ;) lol
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    I agree with Alucard
  • grand1511
    13 years ago
    Mom's name is Misty Umphries...sounds like a stripper to me!!!
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I can imagine the school kids talking, instead of saying they have to hurry up and get to the bus stop, they were saying, we have to hurry up and get to The Crazy Horse before the bus gets there. I'm not sure which strip club it was though. They probably had an empty parking lot in the morning so no problem with space.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion