tuscl

This sounds fishy to me...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Waterbury mayor opposed strip clubs, but accepted donations from club owners

WATERBURY, CT. -- A review of campaign donations for Mayor Michael J. Jarjura reveals two of his most reliable campaign donors are the owner of Mr. Happy's strip club, Frederick M. Toupin, and his wife, Lori, who owns Peek-A-Boos.

Jarjura's ties to the owners of the city's two strip clubs has raised questions about his motivations for proposing a zone change that makes it more difficult for a new adult establishment to open in Waterbury.

Recently, Jarjura championed Waterbury as a family friendly, religious community that wants to prevent adult establishments to the greatest extent possible.

3 comments

• vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Sounds like the stereotypical hypocrite politician at work to me.
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    I think politicians can do in their life their own thing, but in the public life they need to take my concerns into note. This may or may not be hypocritical.

The strip club owners are obviously interested in restricting competition.

This is becoming to much of the "american way" - restricting competition based on government interference in the marketplace. This is happening all to often outside of this industry.
  • sanitago
    13 years ago
    so the SC owners have proven yet-again that in America, you *can* have 'the best government money can buy'!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion