Semi-topical

deogol
Michigan
Friday, July 29, 2011 5:20 PM
The government plans on recording your internet travels: [view link]

8 comments

• imnumnutz
    13 years ago
    Thanks, deogol, for posting. In another life, i was a staffer for a GOP member of Congress, and this type of thing simply infuriates me. how anyone, democrat or republican, who believes people should be left alone to make their own choices in life as long as they don't harm others, can support stuff like this is beyond me. What's worse is naming the bill to make it appear to be something that it clearly isn't. Let's hope calmer minds prevail in the Senate.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Typical 1984 stuff. Let's hope it never becomes the law of the land.
  • johnbrwon001
    13 years ago
    Fuck the GOP and anyone else who squawks about small or limited government and then supports intrusive legislation like this while hiding behind the flimsy cover of "decency" and "protecting the children". You really want to protect children how about offering free pre-natal care for mothers and health coverage for children instead of using them for convenient political cover and cheap campaign talking points.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    It's a house panel, but not the entire house. Then, the Senate would have to approve it. It stinks to high heaven. It needs to die a very ugly and quick death.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I can think of a MAJOR POS legislation that was recently rammed down our throats. It stinks to high heaven, needed to die a very ugly and quick death, yet passed that!
  • troop
    13 years ago
    umm, regarding the gop comment above. did you actually read the whole article? the nobama justice department is "currently" pushing this legislation and the last time i checked none of them were members of the gop. two gop reps involved were against it not just your beloved dems. like i've said before, they're all rats, or at least the majority of them are, no matter what side of the asile they are sitting on. damning one side while staying silent about the other side smells like partisan bullshit!
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    I like what johnbrwon001 says above. Is the gov still tracking library book checkouts?
  • thesamurai
    13 years ago
    Yeah I agree both parties are for the most part rats, however this legislation is a pure GOP concoction circa 2005 or so. The same people who are today trying to tell us they will protect our Constitutional rights from the big bad Obama govt. Fuck the GOP. They adhere to or protect the Constitution when it suits them, just like the dems.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion