tuscl

ROB waitresses we have known.

I stopped in one of my hometown clubs last night for several reasons. One, it's recently has been bought so I was curious to see what changes have occurred. A new facade outside is being done, some interior renovations also I noted. While seated, a waitress that has been there a long time and who should know better charged me full price for my drink, even though on Saturdays, it has been a $4 special on Saturday nights for a long time. I thought little of it, figured it was one of the changes until the DJ announced the special. I went up to the bar and asked the bartender what the price was. The waitress who saw me approach the bartender started panicking. Bartender told me it was $4, I told him the waitress just charged me $7 and I wanted to talk to the manager. Bartender goes and gets the manager, I explain to him the event, he goes over to panicked waitress and talks to her, he comes back and apologizes and tells me the waitress will return the overage and get me a free beer. A simple mistake you might say, other than I've known the individual has worked there a long time and knows better. She's always felt she should be overtipped, when she collected the VIP room $5 charge, she would ask for a tip. Up yours, bitch !! Cashiers don't get tipped.

16 comments

• Alucard
    13 years ago
    Economic fallout? Perhaps....Desperation, maybe. Dumb - YES. Hope that is not an indication of the beginning of a more wide spread pattern.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    What annoys me is when they expect a tip for really stupid stuff, like asking if you want a drink.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Didn't happen to me but the story goes like this. Club regular wants the waitress to do shots with him. Waitress really doesn't want to drink but the customer is insistant and promisses her a good tip. 8 Shots later, waitress gives the customer the wrong shot. She had been drinking colored water and charging him for real shots and pocketing the difference. Waitress lost her job.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    It wouldn't surprise me, Digitech, this waitress has done so.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    it is annoying when the cashier working the front door wants a tip for taking your cover charge. Especially annoying when it is a guy asking for the tip. If they are waiving the cover for me since they like me as a regular then sure I will tip him/her but if they are charging a cover I will tell them "I'll tip you on the way out" and rarely ever follow through with that.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    I'm surprised they fired her for that Shadowcat. To me it sounds like something a lot of clubs would do if they heard the idea.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Digitech, The club didn't make any money off of it and he was apparently a good customer.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    The most frequent ROB waitress tactic I run into is short changing. The last time, I got a $4.50 beer, told her to only give me $14 back, and received 12 ones. How many people will actually count their change, especially if it's in singles? Another reason I always take small-demonimation bills with me to a club rather than getting change there.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    a few years ago a friend and i were in a club and i payed for a round of drinks for us probably around 12 dollars and payed with a twenty. the server said she had to get change at the bar but afterwards didn't return but went around waiting on other tables. some time had passed and i mentioned to my friend that the bitch was trying to pull a fast one. i waited a few more minutes and she walked by but never brought my change so eventually i grabbed her arm and said she owed me my change and she quickly hands it to me and gives me a lame excuse that she forgot. she didn't forget, she was hoping that i would forget.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    13 years ago
    @digitech: Another rip off is when you simply ask for change, and the waitress or cashier expects a tip for that! What really galls me is a few clubs I've been in and there's actually a tip jar at the front counter--For what? Paying your admission to get in? Give me a break !!!

The other circumstances described above, I've seen happen. It's up to the customer to be vigilant, then report any rip offs to a manager. Bringing adequate change beforehand is very helpful.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    "Tipping" for idiotic "services",in this day and age, is not limited to SC's.

I'm sure all could come up with examples.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Such as, Clubber??
  • HonestT
    13 years ago
    I have never been to a SC that didn't have a tip jar on the admission counter. Like samsung1 said, I'll tip if they wave the admission fee or if they flash their boobs. But counting out correct change is not providing me with any extra service.

Non-SC tipping areas that don't make sense:
    - Airport baggage check in -- what is their job other than to give me my boarding pass and take my baggage?
    - Subway Sandwich Artist -- seriously, make my freaking sandwich, take my money, give my change.
    - Taxi Driver -- Every Las Vegas cab driver has tried to take the tunnel or some other long way from the airport to the strip. Charging me extra does not garner a tip!

If you provide excellent service or products above and beyond what I'm paying for, I will gladly offer a tip of 20%. If you are taking away my 1/3 full $6 beer without asking, you shouldn't expect a tip. I'm imagining a stand-up routine like Jeff Foxworthy: "if you..., you don't deserve a tip!"
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm,

Some minimum wage fast food HS dropout that can't grasp how to give the correct change when a bill is $7.14 and I give him/her $10.25, AFTER they have rung up just the $10!
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Go for it, HonestT!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Agreed, Clubber
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion