tuscl

Most strip club managers don't care about competing with other strip clubs

Sunday, June 19, 2011 10:20 PM
I say this because they don't lower lap dance prices where prices are fixed to match other more popular clubs in the area. They will even raise cover charges and raise drink prices if people are coming to the club anyway. Then another club will raise their drink prices even more to help compensate for people not coming in. Managers don't believe in strip club competition. At least that's some of the things I see in my area. Is it the same in your area? Another example, one club charges fixed $35 per lap dance per song. I bought one sometime in the last few years. Another club down the road the dancers can charge whatever they want, often two for $30 whenever. Guess which club is busier?

11 comments

• SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Do the laws against price fixing apply? Anti-trust laws? Cartels? Not a chance. ACE, the Association of Club Owners, must have some unwritten understanding of price structures and how to arrange things to eliminate price competition. Over the years I have noticed that wrist bands, foxy boxing, tips for booths, charges to enter VIP, mandatory valet parking, mandatory coat check and dance prices all happened in Detroit clubs at the same time. The customer has no real choices because all of the clubs started charging the same fees for the same things at the same time. No one is going to do anything about it. Start a lawsuit and wind up on TV? Not me.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    That's why many of us go to clubs, that go for volume, not all the charges.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    In Houston, club owners clearly don't give a shit what is going on in other clubs. As long as they can staff their clubs, they don't care.
  • tigerfan3
    13 years ago
    I have never paid attention to what the other clubs in town do. In reality, the more competition the better it is for all of us. I do know my club is the most expensive one in the state, that's never hurt us. It keeps the quality of both the customers and the girls high. Couldn't care less about the other clubs. In reality, we are friends with them. We play cards and party all the time!
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I've noticed a fair variety of club practices in Atl. Most charge the $10 LD fee, but a few charge only $5. The $10 entry is fairly standard, but there are different times they collect it. Parking is all over the place - from free to $5. LDs vary, as well, with total air dances at Cheetah to decent hands-on at Follies, with all points in between. And VIPs run the gamut, too, from a low of ~140 (30 mins - all inclusive) to > $400.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    tigerfan, When you say "my club", I get the distinct impression you are talking about the one you visit frequently as a customer. Correct?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    So tigerfan, what club do you own?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I am assuming by manager you mean the person that has the say so. In most clubs it is the owner and the managers are just his flunkies.
  • kumasdaisy
    13 years ago
    The club I work at has very little competition. Most people have the choice to drive 15 minutes to Kuma's or over an hour to the second closest location. That said, I think we could stand to have some competition... Although our dance prices are low ($20 gets you five nude minutes regardless of whether Freebird is being played), we could stand to improve our decorations and atmosphere. I feel like a new club opening up nearby would give us a reason to try just that much harder. I think that clubs that have competition and don't care about it are destined to fail. But on the other hand, competition doesn't necessarily mean the lower prices win out. High prices make a place look exclusive, like something cool just has to be going on in there, and that attracts plenty of douchebags from out of town who think they're all that.
  • tigerfan3
    13 years ago
    So tigerfan, what club do you own? shadowcat I'd rather not say, because it would limit my ability to speak freely here. I have found this site to be quite informative and useful.
  • Digitech
    13 years ago
    It's really not about making customers happy. It's about taking their money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion