tuscl

2 Shot At Club; 1 Victim, Gunmen Flee

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- One man is dead and another is hurt after a double shooting Friday morning outside of an adult club on Philips Highway and Bowden Road, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
Police said the shooting happened about 2:20 a.m. when a fight at Club Climax spilled out into the parking lot.
JSO Sgt. Paul Jones said two suspects sped off in their vehicles after the shooting, leading police on a high-speed chase north on Interstate 95 and through two parts of Jacksonville.
One suspect was apprehended on the Westside. Another suspect crashed his car in a Northwest Jacksonville neighborhood near the intersection of Breve and Belafonte Drives. That suspect took out a telephone pole with his car, got out and ran several blocks on foot.

Jones said several officers were able to catch up with and arrest him.

One of the suspects was arrested after wrecking a car into a power pole in northwest Jacksonville and taking off on foot.
Police were still trying to find information on the second victim. Investigators believe that after being shot, he or she walked away from the club to avoid being questioned by police.
Police have not released the names of anyone involved in the incident.
Several homes were without electricity Friday morning as a result of the crash. JEA crews installed a new power pole and restored power just before 8:00 am.
Channel 4's Jason Law is learning more about the shootings, chase and arrests and will have a full report on the local station at noon.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27634434/de…

8 comments

• steve229
    13 years ago
    Sheesh...maybe Founder should consider another category on the club ratings - small chalk outlines next to the stars, indicating how many customers have been killed at the club.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P_3ZXXQMMlg/S7…
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    Lol steve.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    And to think I visited two clubs in Jax last weekend. Perhaps my TUSCL research kept me out of that place!
  • Fenster
    13 years ago
    Never go to a bar named "Body Count".
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Geez, Clubber, you could always roll over them with the Hog. A big fat cycle tire print on their face would improve their look. :)
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    vm,

So far, only a possum and the tail of an iguana, and it can really make a mess on the bike which I do NOT enjoy cleaning!
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    HAHAHAHAHA, true, Clubber. I wasn't thinking of the details involved.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    "Police were still trying to find information on the second victim. Investigators believe that after being shot, he or she walked away from the club to avoid being questioned by police."

Read that = the shooters and victims knew each other. This was territorial-drugs and/or prostitution involved. Could be some Florida gals working without a pimp.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion