tuscl

Church, State, And Strip Clubs

Sunday, April 24, 2011 9:59 AM
I was reading an article today about Church Goers trying to shut down a Strip Club and the article asks who will win. Well if we simply look at just the numbers here for a second (I am a believer that numbers never lie) the average Strip Club has a capacity of 1000 people and is open 7 days and nights a week. The average Church of any type can hold a couple hundred at best and opens one day a week (some for two days) for a few hours. In a Nation where Democracy Rules the Church shouldn't have a prayer. I do not see Strippers with signs in front of the Church. Do You? Centerfold Strips Entertainment Tel:877-427-8747 We Bring The Strip Club To You!

6 comments

• jackslash
    13 years ago
    Hey, dude, what are you talking about? Avg strip club bigger than churches? No way. You ever see St. Patrick's Cathedral? And most churches are open 7 days a week, although Protestant churches usually only have Sunday services. Churches do a lot of good every day of the week. Why start a fight with churches? I don't like those churches that try to stamp out strip clubs, but that's no reason to object to churches in general. Live and let live.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Back in the mid 90's, there was a church trying to shame a club into closing. They were taking license plate numbers, and were going to notify relatives of the club goers. I wasn't a fan of the club, but I went anyway. I walked up to the guy at the parking lot entrance and gave him my name and address, advising him that I'd be ticked off if my name was misspelled. The church ran out of steam after a couple of months.
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    Number of total church-goers versus number of total strip-club-goers isn't as important as number of either side who will PUBLICLY ADMIT that they go.
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    Dudester, it worked in Worthington, Ohio in the mid 90's with a club called Olympus. It was the best upscale club I have ever seen in Ohio and had the hottest dancers with reasonable prices. A church group got all bent out of shape and started up a "Concerned Citizens" group that took down license plates and picketed in front of the club, combined with a lot of legal attacks on the club, including lawsuits and constant calling the police on them. They harassed me a few times, but I quickly found out that they couldn't stand if you got in their face before they got to you. The club lasted less than six month before the outright harassment drove most of the customers away.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    While one club vs one church might provide a majority, it doesn't work that way with the public in general. Most voters couldn't care less about our rights to have adult fun. I think a better tactic would be to follow around the church goers and catch them at some illicit behaviour. Shouldn't take long, most church goers I've known are terrible sinners in their spare time.
  • Book Guy
    13 years ago
    Doesn't seem to bother most fundamentalists, when their representatives get caught with their pants down even though they were elected on "family values" platforms. Oddly, the Christianists are remarkably capable of contradicting themselves. "Sex-related things outside of marriage? BAD BAD BAD but when my Senator does it I get to ignore that fact. Now y'all all comply with my religion, repeat after me, 'sex-related things bad bad bad...'." :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion