tuscl

Dancer Earnings

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:36 PM
I've always wondered just how much of a cut the club gets out of a dancer's earnings. For instance, a $20 lap dance, on average, how much does the club get from this? I realize it varies per club, but I'm assuming there's somewhat of a typical amount.

15 comments

• vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    At least $5 or the club often hits the dancers up for a set fee per shift.
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    One club I go to dances are $20 and i've been told they take $2 from every dance. seems reasonable
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    It differs at every club by the way, some will charge them a fee for the shift or a stage fee for using the stage (which they have to use). It's different all around
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    3rd post lol *this board should really add a edit post button another one to add, also some clubs require them to tip employees (DJ) a set percentage of whatever they make as well. there are many variables
  • OmegaWest
    13 years ago
    depends on the market and the club itself tables dances normally dont have any fee the girl gets it all lap dances the house gets a fee per dance the champagne rooms the money charged by the girl is all hers thats a safe general bet
  • jackoff
    13 years ago
    The worst club in KC that I know of (Bazookas) charges the girls $40 for the shift. $20 to share the stage or $40 if they go single. Then the house gets $8 of each of their first 25 dances. They are also expected to tip the DJ, doorman, juice tender, security guard etc... Dances are $20 and 1/2 hour VIP is $200. Out of the $200 house gets $50 for the room and $32 for their cut of the dances. Leaving the dancer with $118 out of the $200 VIP. So if the girl does get here 25 dances, the house will get a minimum of $260 (no VIP's) and they still need to tip out the help. Thus one of my favorite clubs to find OTC.
  • clamheart
    13 years ago
    It varies a great deal. I have a local club that gives the girls $20 of a $25 LD and $45 of a $50 VIP, very generous I would think. Before a recent change, the girl could give the house $5 for the first of an unlimited number of $20 LDs, and keep all the other $20s (that is, first dance to me was $25, then rest, $20). I really liked that because the girls got what they earned. Of course a special effort could easily boost their income. I have been to clubs where the girls claimed the house took $10 of $25, and they had a 'tip out' of $50-$150/shift, giving something to everyone from the DJ and bartender to the troll in the men's room. For some girls on some nights, it no doubt is tough just to make the tip out. The whole idea of club economics
  • LAkitten
    13 years ago
    In LA the clubs take half - pretty much standard across the city (nude clubs). They charge a stage fee, take a set amount from each dance, plus a dollar tip per song to manager, DJ, bouncer and waitress. Can be very painful :)
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    The biggest factors are whether (and how large) the club charges a 'stage fee' and a 'tip out' amd whether or not the girls are required to be employees and get a minimum wage. A club with a minimum wage, no stage fees and no tip out might well get all of the dances up to a certain point. A club with a large stage fee and/or tipout may have the dancers keep all of the dance fee.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    The Hip Hugger model: No house fee, no stage fee, no lap dance cut. Club makes their money off of: 1) $3 cover charge at night 2) $3 price for a beer 3) Jukebox for dancers on stage (at most $1 a song). For the customer, laps are always $10 per song.
  • bodaniels26
    13 years ago
    at the club i work at its a set fee for instance i get to work at five so i pay thirty to the club 20 to the dj and 10 to the house mom if i got there at 10 i would pay three times that much
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    More than they should seems the norm, in my experience.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    gsv, in NYC the girls usually keep all of their lapdance money, though in some clubs there is a ticket or entrance charge for the LD area, which the house keeps. However, rarely will NYC dancers negotiate LD prices. Remember that they generally have to pay out anywhere from $150-200 in a combination of stage fees and tipouts on a given night, particularly in Manhattan, so if a dancer cannot sell a lapdance at her normal price to one customer she needs to quickly move on to the next mark.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    Every club may be different and some charge fees if a dancer doesn't show up by a certain time. In one club I remember one dancer often showed up at only 2 or 3 hours away from closing time. I think her tip out fee was somewhere between $40 to $45 dollars since she used to find me and seemed relieved that she made her tip out since the club usually wasn't very crowded that late. Sometimes I wondered if she was coming out there just because I was often there. I didn't see her after I didn't get dances from her a couple of times. Every once in a while there is a dancer or two asking around with only a few guys left in a club. I've had dancers offer lap dances at rates at two for twenty sometimes even less trying to make their tip out.
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    That can work great for me if dance prices are negotiable. It's not so great if the dance price is non negotiable and the club gets an automatic cut. I might be willing to get several lap dances at two for twenty or two for thirty but if I have to pay 25 or 35 per dance, forget that. A dancer at one club may be getting 60 to 90 dollars from me in a short time while a dancer at another club gets lucky to get a $10 table dance or two. Well that is before I decided to cut back my spending.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion