tuscl

Help!!! My fav won't go onstage!!!

reignfire
South Carolina
Monday, March 7, 2011 5:21 AM
I made an earlier topic about my frustration with dancers working the floor and not onstage. Now, it seems that my fav has fallen into that category. Since I don't get dances with her every time I'm in the club, I love to see her go onstage, watching her stage show, and tipping her. I haven't seen her go onstage for months. She said she occasionally goes onstage but said the main reason she doesn't go onstage anymore is because there were so many young dancers that do pole tricks that she has never done before and it intimidates her to go on after them. I told her that the only thing those dancers have going for them ARE the pole tricks that they do and nothing else while she has the face and the body they DON'T have. And she never relied on pole tricks before so why does it matter now. I think it has a lot to do with her thinking she has gotten older and bigger and she feels overweight compared to the younger, thinner dancers out there. The fact that the club doesn't make the dancers get onstage doesn't help matters at all. Is there a way that I can convince her to go back on rotation?

6 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    reignfire: Since you just revied PP, I am gonna guess that she works there. Do I know her? PM me her name and I'll give you my take on it. Usually it is because they do not have the physical appearance to advertise or they have so many regulars that they don't need to advertise.
  • rl27
    13 years ago
    That's the first I have heard that as a reason a dancer doesn't go on stage. Most clubs won't let them get away with that. Most the ones I know of who are rarely seen on stage when I visiting, aren't on stage because they are constantly in the back giving dances, and may rarely be seen on stage between the 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM peak time on a typical weekend. One was so popular that several of her regulars started showing up an hour or two before this, and she often busy from 8:30 to 2:00 PM. I only got to try a dance with her about three times before she retired, and it didn't take long to see why she was so popular.
  • spudd
    13 years ago
    In some big clubs, like Baby Dolls Dallas, so girls would pay off the house to not dance. Since there's a main stage and 6 stations after that, the popular girls would likely make more money working the crowds to cover the fee. And it's completely different in Canada. In some clubs, the stage dance is optional, the house would actually pay the girls to get up to dance.
  • magicrat
    13 years ago
    I've noticed lately in a club I frequent, most dancers will offer you a deal to go back to the VIP when their name is called on stage just so they don't have to. One of my favorites did go do a stage set and got 2$ in tips. When she came back her first comment, "wow! a whole 2$ and the guy wanted my number". Not many guys tip these days at the clubs I go to, which is almost always during the day, so there isn't any reason for the dancers to get up there if they can avoid it. They do have to go onstage unless they're in back in the VIP area.
  • bob forapples
    13 years ago
    Mine too. I think she is missing out. I like to see the girls on stage before I get a dance. And I see a lot of girls go to the back after coming off stage and then don't hit the floor until half hour later. I don't get that either.
  • reignfire
    13 years ago
    Thanks for the replies. I went to the clue last Tuesday where there were few dancers (7-10 maybe) and even fewer customers. There was so few dancers onstage that the door guy asked my fav to go onstage. She agreed as long as it was just once since it was near the time for her to leave and that there were so few customers there. She was clearly nervous about going onstage. I asked how long she's been onstage and she said it's been a long time. I asked her why it's been a long time since she's been onstage. She said the main reason she hasn't been onstage is because she felt she had gotten bigger and didn't want all eyes on her when she goes onstage being the center of attention. I told her she looked fine and not that big (truthfully she hadn't gotten noticeably bigger then the last time she's been onstage) but she still wasn't really convinced. She later went onstage and did okay. I went to the stage and tipped her well (I was the only person who tipped her). She seemed to be okay (maybe due to the lack of customers) although she tripped onstage to meet me. She was pretty embarrassed about it and glad hardly nobody was there to see it. I told her she did fine and that she should go back on rotation again but she seemed she'll do it only if asked AND there's not alot of customers AND if there are a lack of dancers. I'm afraid it might be a long time before my fav gets back onstage again. Just wanted to let y'all know.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion