tuscl

Man killed outside north Phoenix strip club

One man was shot to death and another wounded at a north Phoenix strip club early Friday morning, authorities said.

A 34-year-old man and his ex-wife left a strip club in the 1900 block of North Black Canyon Highway at about 2:30 a.m. and were walking through the parking lot to the ex-wife's car when Gabriel Rayos, 26, began talking to them, according to Sgt. Steve Martos of the Phoenix Police Department.

The conversation quickly turned hostile and police suspect Rayos pulled out a handgun and shot the man multiple times, Marto said.

Rayos then ran to his vehicle to attempt to flee, Martos said. As Rayos was getting in his car, another 34-year-old man confronted him. Rayos and the man began struggling over the gun in the vehicle, according to police.

Other bystanders stepped in and restrained Rayos while they waited for police to arrive, Martos said.

The man who was shot was taken to an area hospital and pronounced dead.

The other 34-year-old man sustained minor injuries during his confrontation with Rayos, Martos said.

There was no information as to whether the ex-wife was harmed.

Rayos was taken into custody on suspicion of first-degree murder.

The names of the victims had not been released.

Mar. 4, 2011

http://www.azcentral.com/community/north…

9 comments

• SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Look at this page. Two blogs on shootings, one on an armed robbery. Is this a growing disease?
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    No, just a more, and more immediately, reported one.
  • ArtCollege
    14 years ago
    Address sounds like Jaguar's Gold Club.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Dang, I'm never going to Phoenix again. It sounds worse than Detroit.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I dunno about that one, Vince. I think the AK-47 gang is heading towards a shootout with SWAT. And I wouldn't want to be about to become a hostage when it all goes bad...
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Sounds like this type of thing could have happened in the parking lot at Wal-Mart just as easily as a strip club.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    CT, I was being fascetious. I'm glad I wasn't at Tycoons that night. I haven't been in there in a long time. 8 Mile is 8 Mile. Anything can and does happen there.
  • sexualchoc
    14 years ago
    Yes, this is Jaguar's Gold Club. I don't think I'll be going there anytime soon....
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    And to think I thought Michigan Ave. is worse than 8 Mile...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion