tuscl

Sex Ed was never like this when I went to school....

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Northwestern Prof Hosts Live After-Class Sex Show (With Sex Toys)Mar 3, 2011 – 10:16 AM .READING THIS NOW

Higher education can do more than stimulate the mind.

Students in the popular and provocative human sexuality course at Northwestern University were invited for an optional demonstration after class on Feb. 21 in which a naked woman was penetrated by a sex toy until she reached sexual climax, The Daily Northwestern reported.

About 120 students voluntarily stayed for the extracurricular activity organized by professor John Michael Bailey. Guest speaker Ken Melvoin-Berg, co-owner of Weird Chicago Tours, led the "Network for Kinky People" panel, which included several women.

Before a woman onstage disrobed, students were repeatedly advised that they would see explicit content.

The woman then used a machine with a graphic name to stimulate herself to the point of ejaculation, a topic that had been recently covered in class, Bailey said.

"It was a fun and educational experience," Melvoin-Berg told the Chicago Tribune. The students ""seemed to be incredibly pleased. We had a number of them that got closer and closer."

The rousing performance caused controversy on campus and around Chicago, leading Bailey to write a lengthy defense of his decision to allow the demonstratio

"I hesitated only briefly before saying yes. My hesitation concerned the likelihood that many people would find this inappropriate. ... [But] those still there had stayed for an optional demonstration/lecture about kinky sex and were told explicitly what they were about to see," Bailey wrote.

Bailey added that student feedback was "uniformly positive" and vowed to continue his fight against efforts "to silence sex research."

Bailey's class is one of the most popular at the college, with about 600 students registered for it. The semester is packed with other optional panels after class that have included talks with sex offenders and a question-and-answer session with a swinging couple.

13 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    The objectors aren't pissed because the session was held, they're pissed because they didn't think to sign up for the class, or weren't given a free pass despite having nothing to donwith the class.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I still remember my 6th grade sex ed class; the gym teacher taught it, and described masterbation as a "way to make the welling go down." My mom found that hilarious.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I don't recall any sex education in school, other than what we learned from Playboy, or heard from others.
  • jackslash
    14 years ago
    Cool. I had to get my sex education in the back seat of a '67 Chevy.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Detroit schools should schedule field trips to the 8 mile strip clubs
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    My alma mater had a very interesting human sexuality class. The highlight was the survey, and the results were eye opening.

Age (Median)
    Male :21.5
    Female: 20.5

Number of lifetime sex partners:

Male: 8
    Female: 18.5

In short, there are a few guys getting a whole lot, and most guys getting just a lttle.
  • bang69
    14 years ago
    I agree with samsung1. Also I'd love to be in his class
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    14 years ago
    Someone here should contact the school and see if they will give us college credit for 'experience in the field' LOL
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Hmmm.....

Back in college, the sex ed class was infamous for it's female masturbation and heterosexual films. Problem was the class was 95%+ male.

One semester I signed up for a 3rd year Spanish class. Now THAT was the place to be! I was the only guy surrounded by 29 gals, and they were competing for my attention!
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    CTQWERTY,

I go to a yearly seminar for officers of my motorcycle group. We meet and have different sessions. One I enjoy is when all the same officer positions meet together. I am the secretary of my local group, so I meet with all the other secretary's. Guess what, most are women! :) Enjoyable!
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    I can't figure out WTF the stink is all about. it's not like the students were forced to stay, or that they weren't told that this was going to be a "graphic" demonstration of human sexuality. no, they were informed and all of them are adults, so why is anyone complaining? no, wait, let me guess: someone thinks sex is something we don't talk about for fear of "contaminating" our 'young folks'.
    fuckin' idiots!
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    If only sex ed included hands on practice excercises
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I submitted my application to Northwestern yesterday.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion