tuscl

13 dancers busted at Las Vegas Deja Vu

Friday, February 25, 2011 9:59 PM
From <a href="[view link]: LAS VEGAS, Nev. -- A major bust at a local adult strip club has resulted in 13 dancers being arrested for soliciting prostitution. Police allege the dancers were doing much more than dancing. Metro made the arrests early Monday morning. Police say busts like this, are not uncommon, but the number of arrests is what makes this one stand out. "It's a pretty substantial. I don't know how many particular entertainers were working in that establishment that night but 13 is a lot of folks," said Lieutenant Karen Hughes, Metro. Check out <a href="[view link] slideshow of the girls who were busted</a>. All of the female dancers were arrested for soliciting prostitution. Police say it is now up to them to post bail or wait 48 hours to make a court appearance and be released. Hughes works with Metro's vice squad, and would not go into detail about how the arrests were made, but says this is part of her team's job. "They're out there every night, working street operations, hotel operations, book stores, anywhere where people that come to Las Vegas are going to go to find something that's just off the radar." Right now, Metro says Deja Vu management is not facing any charges. "They will check to make sure there are not any key employees who are involved in those acts, because if that's the case, then the license will be in jeopardy." Deja Vu's General Manager Bob Proden says this is the first time a bust of this size has happened in the club's 15 year history. He says the club has received dance code violations in the past but those were eventually dropped.

8 comments

• Book Guy
    13 years ago
    Appeared July 2009 : [view link]
  • londonguy
    13 years ago
    Sheesh, don't the police not have anything better to do?
  • imnumnutz
    13 years ago
    remember, despite the "what happens in vegas stays in vegas" campaign, vegas and clark county are not much more open that most areas when it comes to strip clubs. in fact, u can make an argument that more "things" are legal or at least tolerated at Tampa clubs then in the vegas area. just to be clear, prostitution is illegal in vegas and clark county...
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    LondonGuy: Yes, they do, but unarmed naked women make for easier arrests than do armed thieves, murderers and rapists.
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Things must be slow in Vegas, sounds like the pigs have nothing better to do.
  • londonguy
    13 years ago
    I saw one stripper once gmd, she had two weapons of mass distraction !
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    Sorry I didn't realize that story was so old. Someone sent me a link, and, without looking...
  • CCRiderm
    13 years ago
    *whew* I'm headed to Vegas in a couple of weeks and all I could think of while reading this was "There goes ANY mileage..." Thankfully this is old..
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion