tuscl

new ads on TUSCL?

Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:20 AM
anyone else seeing new ads on this site besides just the old banner ads? I am wondering if Founder added new advertising methods or if my computer has a spyware infection

18 comments

• Clubber
    13 years ago
    Yes. A lot of "highlighted" words that are links abound.
  • boatmonkey
    13 years ago
    And an automatic download attempted by Snap software, whatever that is...
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I didn't see any attempt at a d/l.
  • DougS
    13 years ago
    Yeah, for the first time this morning, I saw the attempted download. Don't like that one bit! I understand Founders need for income, and believe me whatever he can get is fine. Without this site, I would definitely miss it, so I'll put up with advertising, if I must. Give me banner adds all day, though... and NOT the instrusive types of advertising - like the attempted downloads, etc.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    ME NO LIKEY!!! Besides the unwanted video player download, embedded key words are double underlined in green. Moving the cursor over them links to a gal and a statement "Grow your thingy an extra 3 inches for free." How'd they know my problem???!!! That said, there's 6 connections to the same pop up alone in the postings ahead of me. Talk about annoying! May have to dump TUSCL...
  • ScythF7B7
    13 years ago
    Please founder, remove these types of ads. I honestly believe they will decrease the popularity of this great website. The popup by Snap software is alarming indeed, and the double underlined words make surfing the site very inconvenient, a detriment to ease of use and likely serve as a disincentive to accessing this site for routine users.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I'm no computer guru so I have to wonder if this isn't the act of some hacker. At least we know to not click on words underlined in green.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    The NoScript addin for FireFox apparently blocks them. I didn't even know about it until I read this thread.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    I try to help founder out and click on the banners every once in awhile, but the Google Adwords are super annoying. They are ruining my browsing experience on here.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Clubber, I don't see an attempt at an a either.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    At 1114 AM EST, the ads have disappeared.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    sc, Excellent!
  • founder
    13 years ago
    sorry about that guys... one of our ad companies snuck that shit in. I was pissed when I woke up and saw it this morning. I hate those underlined inline ads. annoying as hell!
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    PRAISE BE TO FOUNDER!!!<p> Not that it was your doing, but not long after receiving (arguably) the best article TUSCL has ever posted (which surely may lead to others taking advantage of the free space here), I couldn't understand why such a move (the inline ads) would be done. I did click on Mxoxo's article to see how many instances of 'green line mania' polluted the piece. Turns out I only counted 6! So evidently there is some sanity to the inline ad software.<p> That said, I first encountered the inline popup ads on Jim Cramer's [view link] about 6 years ago. I was a paid subscriber, yet they introduced the inline ads to every key word! It was impossible to read the columnists' work without something popping up waaaay too much. I wrote and complained and threatened to terminate my subscription. Within a few days they pulled it (I believe feedback was overwhelmingly negative.)<p>
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    founder, A very large THANKS from me!
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    And even though I never saw them, thanks from me as well.
  • DougS
    13 years ago
    Founder... ditto... thanks - MUCH appreciated!
  • troop
    13 years ago
    i guess i misssed all of this, that's cool i don't mind ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion