tuscl

Deja Vu Lawsuit

Friday, February 18, 2011 1:33 AM
Lawsuit details of dancers vs Deja Vu contending they were employees. Rather than litigate, the parties have reached a settlement which needs to be approved by the court. [view link]

8 comments

• chimark
    13 years ago
    I've always believed that dancers were employee's and not Independent contractors. Let's see the club is advertised as a gentlemen's club which means that the core part of the business is women. The women can only work when the club is open not other times in the day, the women are told when to work, and are given instruction as to where they are to be... these are just a few examples... The sad thing is if they become employee's this will likely impact the cost of dances or the clubs will figure out other ways to stick it to the dancers and the customers...
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    Strip clubs in California are required to treat dancers as employees and yet they do all right. Nearly every place that this has been litigated the clubs have lost. The problem is that they put so many rules on dancer behavior that the notion that the dancers are independent winds up being unsupportable.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    The hearing on the settlement will be April 14, 2011 at 2pm in the courtroom of Judge Stephen J. Murphy, III, Federal Courthouse, Detroit, MI. Will any dancers show up?
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    The Vu needs to be sued for wasting customers' VIP time with a dancer with their waitress interuption of "Would you like to buy the lady a drink?" scam.
  • djscotti
    13 years ago
    The Clubs will Find a way to work this to their Advantage. And I wish there was a way to Like others Comments Cause some of Y'all Put up some Funny Shit ! SuperDude,CTQWERTY
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    This is a class action settlement. The dancer will accept $500.00 cash or $1,000.00 rent credit against future fees owing to the club. And the dancer is warned that an IRS Form 1099 will be issued. Of course the individual dancer can opt out and pursue litigation as a solo plaintiff.
  • imnumnutz
    13 years ago
    man, if i were a dancer, the last thing i'd want is any type of work situation where i was an employee with state/fed tax withholding and reporting requirements...
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    ^^^ You work for me now. You are going to sell what I tell you to sell. And you are to bring all the money back to me so I can record it for uncle sam and give you your "cut."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion