tuscl

ID expiring on my birthday, have not recieved the new one yet what do i do

Monday, February 7, 2011 10:39 AM
My 25th birthday is friday. coincidentally, my ID expires that day. I went to get my renewal 4 weeks ago and it might not get here on time for my birthday. i need it as i was planning on going to my favorite SC. i have the old one, which will expire friday and i have the paper temp. will either of those suffice assuming i do not get the new one on time?

16 comments

• Realist123
    13 years ago
    I believe you are fine, if you don't want to test it go to a club you are a regular at as to not even get carded.. If you still have the old one and the temporary paper then you will be fine, that is your ID and the receipt proves you are up to date, you should be all good to go
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    As long as you have your old ID with you are fine.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    DAMN! I wish I needed an ID!
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I get carded frequently. They just don't belive I am that old. LOL.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    When I was a teenager I could get in most places without an ID. When I was older, everyone stopped IDing me. It was only around the age of 21 that I was ever asked for ID. Weird. I don't see why you would need your new id to get into a club. I'm assuming you are talking about a drivers license, which if expired I wouldn't drive with but as far as proof of age, shouldn't matter that its old.
  • bigdude012
    13 years ago
    It does matter. An expired ID is not proof of age. I know this because my job requires me to id people on a regular basis. The state's reasoning for this is twofold. 1. it increases the likelyhood that the id is fake and 2. You could be the underage brother who is trying to use the ID to get in illegally. Now I'm not saying you are doing either one of these. Just don't be surprised if they don't let you in with an expired license. The paper should get you by however if the guard has never seen it before he'll be suspiscous.
  • bigdude012
    13 years ago
    It does matter. An expired ID is not proof of age. I know this because my job requires me to id people on a regular basis. The state's reasoning for this is twofold. 1. it increases the likelyhood that the id is fake and 2. You could be the underage brother who is trying to use the ID to get in illegally. Now I'm not saying you are doing either one of these. Just don't be surprised if they don't let you in with an expired license. The paper should get you by however if the guard has never seen it before he'll be suspiscous.
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    Have fun dude! It's nice to know there's someone on this forum that is the same age as me. It's not like I know the age of anyone that posts here, but I just get the impression that most of the members are older.
  • kingcripple
    13 years ago
    GoVikings- most strip club patrons are in their 40s-60s so i feel ya
  • bigdude012
    13 years ago
    I'm in the 20's so not all of us are old
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I would just try to hold off from using an expired ID. I don't know the consequence but who knows if the door bouncer could be a real dick about it and not give it back and call the police to report you trying to use it. On the other hand, if there is no dick head bouncer around I would just tip the door girl a buck or two in her tip jar and she will probably just take a quick glance if that at your ID. If you are able to get in using the expired ID then be sure NOT to use your credit card because they might take a closer look at your ID if doing a credit card transaction.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    I bought my first senior citizen ticket to the Detroit Auto show last month using a computer at a kiosk in the hallway. No ID required. I get to the door with my ticket and ID in hand. He took the ticket and never looked at the ID. You think you have something to worry about?
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    Bouncers and doormen at bars aren't usually THAT concerned about the ID. I doubt many look at the birth date let alone the expiration date. Then again, there is always the chance of that one dickhead who will be all detail oriented!
  • troop
    13 years ago
    i worked as a doorman/bouncer at a busy club. (not a stripclub) i was responsible for not letting underage customers inside, afterall it is the law and i could be charged or sued if something bad happened because i slipped up or slacked off so i guess i was one of those "dickheads" that payed attention to details, birthdate, photo matching the id holder, but the fact that an id had expired a few days ago would not matter to me just so the person was of legal age and was the true id owner. kingcripple, as long as you still have your expired id to present to the doorman i don't see a problem.
  • bigdude012
    13 years ago
    I'd be a dick about it.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Troop was right to be cautious. Legal liability is a real issue for doormen, bouncers and servers who allow underage drinking.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion