tuscl

Stripper given fake $50 bill

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:23 AM
A Deja Vu stripper was given a counterfeit $50 bill as a tip late Saturday. A man who is a disc jockey at the club, located at 3220 Lake Plaza Drive, flagged down a Springfield police officer at Fifth Street and North Grand Avenue about 8:10 a.m. Sunday. The man said one of the dancers, who is known as “Natalia” received a $50 tip from a customer. The DJ told police that neither he nor the stripper knew the customer's identity, police said. “Natalia” showed the DJ the $50 bill and it appeared to be copied on regular paper and was smaller than legal tender. [view link]

16 comments

• bmoreshowgirl
    13 years ago
    If you don't have the money, don't pretend you do! That's horribly sad.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I think the customer was a dumbass...but what surprised me is how the club would involve the police over $50 rather than just eat the loss and save their time...
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    The least he could have done was given her some dry cleaning coupons...
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Mere possession of counterfeit money, irrespective of the quality, is a crime. Failure to turn the bogus bill over to LE could be construed as one should the Secret Service decide to be dicks. And they take counterfeiting pretty seriously, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were. And FYI, they *did* eat the loss, or the dancer did. There is no compensation for a counterfeit bill. You're not even allowed to give it back to the person who passed it to you.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    That's lame as hell. Just pay up! Then again, don't we sometimes get counterfiet LDs from dancers. I also remember something about it being ok to copy money as long as its not the same size. Not that you're allowed to use it for anything as you would real cash. I wonder if the counterfitter was counting on the size difference keeping him out of trouble. Could it also be that he didn't know it was counterfit either? When you get change from a purchase, do you check to make sure every bill looks legit or just stuff it in your wallet?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Sounds like they over reacted to some one giving them "Monopoly Money" as a prank.
  • magicrat
    13 years ago
    "why should I give you real money..them ain't real titties."
  • baltimoretraveler
    13 years ago
    I know a dancer in Bmore that was paid by the bar with 3 fake $20 bills. She showed me one and when I compared it to a real $20 bill, it was damm near hard to tell the difference. And she showed me this outside the club at a Starbucks.
  • sinclair
    13 years ago
    This club sucks ass anyway. Airdances aren't worth what they try to charge you. Broke-ass retards can't swallow a $50 loss.
  • tttclub
    13 years ago
    I'm with Prim0. We don't get a refund on counterfeit dances. And I'm no lawyer, but if it was for the tip, and not the service, would the legal ramification be the same? Like it could be passed off as a joke?
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    Yeah, what magicrat said. See ya at PP this week, magicrat.
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    fake affection = fake tip..quid pro quo?
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    Are you shitting me? This is news?
  • ilbbaicnl
    13 years ago
    I've heard several dancers say the club changed out the fake bills for real ones for them. But I guess if it was a bad fake, the club might feel the dancer should be more careful. Another thing is customers charging dances on their credit cards, then (they or their wives) disputing the charges. I've heard it happens a lot, and apparently it's hard for the club to convince the card issuer that the charges were legitimate. This is why clubs often charge more or take a bigger cut from the dancer for dances paid by credit card.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    This weekend I paid a dancer with the club's funny money. She was new and thought it was bogus money. She was cute as hell...
  • poleshadow
    13 years ago
    Here's what I don't get: You're giving a fake bill to a person who deals in cashmoney almost every minute of every day they're on the job. And someone thinks a third-rate fitty is going to fool them? I've known bouncers who would (and did) beat the piss out of a patron over fake ONES, let alone if this happened.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion