tuscl

T100- Some Perspective...

minnow
Any place that interests me.
I thought I'd weigh in on a topic that has been periodically raised: Tuscl's own Top 100 list. IMO, an imperfect list with imperfect criterion, but not totally flawed.

From my perspective of having visited 24 of the 100 clubs on list, 18 of which I submitted reviews on during my Tuscl membership: Clubs make the list for any number of reasons. Clearly, certain clubs have their fan base, liking them for whatever they're good at. For some, it may be eye candy ( 4 Play, Bourbon Street Circus), $$ Value/Bang For $$ (Brass Flamingo, DV-COI). Many on the list combine hot dancers and some good mileage (Mons Venus, Baby Dolls- Dallas, Tootsies, OG-LV, etc). Some are there because they're the best option in town (TD North- ABQ). Then, there are some that may not be tops in some tangible attributes, but somehow make things come together for a good time/atmosphere (Hi Liters, Brass Flamingo, Cheetahs- Pompano Beach, Cowboys- Lexington).

The T100 clubs I've been to cover a wide spectrum- Some clubs, a fair percentage of dancers wouldn't make the cut at some other T100 clubs. Some have spotless restrooms rivalling top hotels, while one in particular I pray that I never have to take a dump there. Like many of you, I could name some clubs that should be on T100 list( some have, but slipped a bit in ratings). Yet, at the same time, virtually all T100 clubs I've been to, I'd pay a return visit to, and can understand how some people would swear by those clubs. A very small percentage of reviewers are active on this DB, yet they have credible reviews. Your thoughts.....

11 comments

• robbing1
    14 years ago
    Interesting topic.
    First of all, I don't want to argue here against good ol vets.
    Second, I too appreciate all the reviews on TUSCL.
    In any case, I think it would be complicated if the TOP100 list starts to micro-manage all the clubs details. I don't look at the list myself too often, but the first time I saw it was because I wanted to figure out what the club standards are like outside of my local area.
    It would be cool if the T100 list gets a bit modified to count more details, but IMO the reviews of clubs heavily depends various personal observation.
    Thus, I think what we have now is good enough for the general representations.
    <br>
    Cheers.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    minnow,

I look at the list this way...

Let's say my own personal Top 10 list is set. In a month it would likely be different. We all have our ideas of what makes a club a "Top" club. Any list is going to be very subjective, and therefore, of limited value to any single person.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    The current #1 and #2 are whorehouses in Mexico. A solid grind can't outrank a $70 fuck.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    I am fine with the top 100 list. It reflects the cumulative opinion of a bunch of real reviewers and a few shills.

However, it does not encompass the preferences of all strip club patrons. For example, if you prefer dive bars the way I do, you will not find some of the best clubs of that genre on the list. To find the best dive bars you must combine in depth reading of reviews with your own detective skills, and some unrewarding field work. LOL! Well, someone has to do it!

• shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I agree that reviews are very subjective. My favorite club was once, not too long ago, rated #3 and it has now dropped to #23. Why? 2 reasons. Success has spoiled it. Too many dancers flocking in from everywhere to cash in. Resulting in higher prices for dances. Especially on the night shift. The second reason is other clubs, now ahead of it, are being overrated.

Two things to look for. How many reviews does a club have. The more it has the harder it is to change the rankings. Up or down.

The second thing to look for is who is doing the review. Shills stand out and are easily spotted. And a guy with 3 reviews is a lot less believable than a guy with 50. The experience factor. My best sources are my personal TUSCL buddies. We share info by PM & emails that we would not put in a review. I have about a dozen guys that I call buddies.

Still the list does have value. I would like to see a new category and I have submitted it to Founder. A list of the top 10 clubs with the most reviews in the last 30 days. This would show which clubs are currently the hottest. Things do change.

Oh, and forget the Mexican whore houses.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    The Top 100 is a good enough representation of what we TUSCL'ers think of the clubs. When Knightline was down here the other week, we disagreed on our preferences, but that's fine. Thanks to him, I sampled a club down here in South Florida that I haven't been to in years and I totally agree with his review of Cheetah's Pompano Beach. I look at a club's reviews when I can when I am travelling through the area and decide from what I read whether to go there or not.

Let me ask you this guys??? Honestly, do you think I am a shill?

I'll sing the praises of the clubs I like. I'll also give a not so good review of a club when I feel the experience is not up to my standards.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    vm: If you're honestly praising, as opposed to what some of the shills seem to have done, then no. If you've been lying all this time, then yes. :)
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    The T100 is a great starting point but I would read into reviews before jumping to conclusions.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    george, thanks for the warning LOL. No, I tell the truth in my reviews. Like a lot of us, I've been going to the clubs for a long time. I enjoy fine women, and when the club experience is good, I'll say it. If things are not good, I'll say that. I value the info I get here from you guys, I can generally tell when something posted doesn't ring true. I do kinda miss "Dick Johnson", "it" hasn't been posting his parodies of late. But you can take my word to the bank and cash it, it won't bounce
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    vm=shill!

Just kidding, of course. You wish to see a shill, check this URL...

http://www.tuscl.net/d.php?DID=3822

That club couldn't be a 10 if for no other reason, it's location!
  • silkypants
    14 years ago
    I have been using the top 10 to find locations for mini vacations which have worked out well so far. Without the top 100 list or this site for that matter I would not have visited Tijuana or Indy.

Currently planning my next trip with the increased volatility of the top ten will require further research on my next destination.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion