tuscl

Re: Vegas Diamond Cabaret

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:25 PM
Numerous reviews RIP this club. [view link] Many blame the taxi cab driver for steering them to it. Sounds like this is a club which gives kickbacks to the taxi drivers. So what happens if one (with some knowledge of where the clubs are) agrees when a driver suggests The Diamond, but instead of entering the club, bolts on foot (to another nearby club)? I'm guessing it would mean: 1) free cab fare, 2) the ultimate destination club would assume you're a local since you'd be coming in on foot and thereby give you the discount admission price for locals, but 3) one pissed off cab driver looking to run you down. Do the benefits of #1 and #2 off-set the potential liability of #3???

2 comments

• jester214
    14 years ago
    I've wondered about this... Having a cab driver take me to a location near enough to walk to a club I wanted to try, but not to the club itself. Not sure how they treat people who walk up...
  • chasman
    14 years ago
    Many, but by no means all, Vegas clubs will ask for ID to prove you're a local and/or charge cover to walk ups. I'll admit, if this worked it might be worth the look on the driver's face, but since I'd want to call the club to confirm that they'll waive the cover charge if I walk up, I'd just as soon ask them if they'll send a limo to pick me up and waive the cover. This offer is common with a lot of Vegas clubs and not only do you get to ride in style, you get to skip the cab line at the hotel and you can take your drink into the limo with you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion