tuscl

Dancers wages ?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:18 AM
I know that the difference in wages for dancers are not complete depending on which place on earth you are; they are also depending on the level of club. An exclusive club in Central-Africa will pay much better than a lousy, shabby club in Manhattan. But if you take an average club, anywhere in the world, still there will be big differences. Which countries are interesting (U.S.A., Dubai?) and which countries (Roemenia, Korea?) you have to avoid as a dancer ? ? ? P.S.: I can't be the only female on this side, or what . . . !? XXX Manuela

5 comments

• Cravey
    14 years ago
    I would think that given the cost of living in Africa, Central or South America, and to a lesser extent, Eastern Europe, a dancer would do better financially in those areas than they would in the U.S. Why? In places like Mexico City, Caracas, Budapest and Milan, you're catering to foreign customers who typically have significant amounts of cash to spend. What they may be willing to pay is in line with what they'd pay here in the U.S., but that same amount of money would seemingly give a dancer far more spending power in that local economy. I may be wrong, but.. maybe not..
  • manuela
    14 years ago
    Cravey, thank you very much for your reaction! I think you're right; when a dancer in one of these countries would live! As Western dancer I probably would earn about the same in one of these countries as I would earn in Europe. Except better weather and a holidayfeeling I won't win anything with it. However, I had understood that in some countries WHITE Western dancers, which are willing to go completely nude, were much better paid than the local girls. I often hear stories about clubs in Africa, Asia and the UAE, where local elites especially like to see white, Western girls dancing (and willing to pay excellent for that!). Just because western, white dancers are quite less overthere. Who has experience with it? Greetings Manuela
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    manuela- You're not the only female here (I'm female, but not a dancer), but you're probably the only dancer posting on TUSCL right now. Dancers don't tend to last too long here, for many reasons. Hope you decide to hang around for awhile.
  • manuela
    14 years ago
    Why not? I think this also can be a very useful site for dancers and girls w decided to become a dancer.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    well, most dancers have been run off the board by some people giving them a hard time. Just like in the clubs, there are plenty of misogynists here, and they just can't wait to anonymously diss all over any dancer that dares to post here. Most dancers get fed up with the bullshit and just leave. Really can't blame them. It's a shame, because they really do add a different perspective to many of our topics. FWIW, most posters here are respectful of others. Too bad a few asshole posters can ruin things for everyone.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion