tuscl

How Do Dancers Smell Cash?

Last night in a blue collar club (and before I had been observed spending on lappers) I was approached for dances by one of the girls. She didn't interest me but we chatted for a bit. I asked her why she approached me before approaching anyone else first. She said it was obvious I had cash with me.

Huh?? I was dressed in rather ratty work clothes. I had been in town touring dealerships looking for a second-hand tractor. This club visit had been a spur-of-the-moment decision but it is also true that I was sitting on a pocket full of cash. How did this girl know? Lucky guess? Stripper experience? The only observable difference between me and all other club customers was my age. I was decades older than any other customer but dressed much worse than all of them.

I should probably post this question on stripperweb.

27 comments

• shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I posed that question to my original ATF 7 or 8 years ago. She said it was a crap shoot.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    I think they sense confidence and assume there's cash with. But Shadowcat's probably right too.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    It hasn't been planned, but every once in a while I'll get a "How much do you have?" If it's an enticing amount, I can almost hear the gears turn in the dancer's head about what her offer will be. And usually it's worked out positively!
  • Rod8432
    14 years ago
    I think it is a crap-shoot most of the time. I've gone many dozens of times to a couple favorite clubs in Atlanta and I look and dress about the same way every time (neat casual), and always carry a pocket-full of cash (~$300 or so). I swear, sometimes it seems like I'm the talk of the town, with girls stopping by, happy to see me, getting lots of dances. Other times, I wonder whether I'm giving off a bad vibe, the girls don't like my dress, or they sense I'm a tight-wad? On these occasions, I've left with nearly all my money still in my pocket, vowing to spend it on some lucky girls another day.

I think what's really going on is what's called "regression toward the mean." Statistically, most of my visits range around an average experience; i.e., a few girls who not my favorites stop by while a couple I always look forward to seeing never seem to get freed up, and vice-versa. On some evenings however, I swear I could stand on my head naked with $100 bills taped to my body, and every girl in the place would walk on by without ever seeing me. Then again, there's the occasional evening (like two Fridays ago), when all my favorites showed up (4 total) and they all stopped by for smiles and hugs all around, great conversations, lap dances of course, and at times, two or three with me simultaneously. The money was flowing and I felt like a king.

It's these good, but unusual experiences that stick in our minds, of course, and make us wonder why they can't all be that way? What's happening is these 'outlying' experiences (both good and bad) occur at the fringe of the sum of our experiences which normally cluster around a central tendency. So when we have the occasional good one, and the occasional bad, our next experience is likely to be more of our normal type. In other words, we 'regress' toward our central tendency from either extreme.

It's also called the "Sport Illustrated effect," meaning that when a pro athlete happens to be experiencing a statistically rare surge of performance for a short time (say, during a game or two), subsequent performance will move toward what he/she normally does (the mean performance), which occasionally happens right after he/she's featured on the cover of "Sports Illustrated," for that short burst of outlying performance. They 'regress' toward their mean, or average, performance.

That's the nature of probability, so my advice is to simply appreciate this reality, cut your losses on the occasional bad night, and roll with the good times when they happen. The important thing is to keep showing up, early and often, for you never know when statistical providence just might pick that night to shower its riches upon you.

Keep clubbin'
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Sometimes when I am in the dark VIP/dance areas, I take my wallet out to pay the dancer. They surprisingly can see into my wallet from several feet away like night vision and ROBs have asked for or demanded tips. Maybe they smell the money instead of seeing it though lol
  • spandexman
    14 years ago
    In many cases the girls know when payday is in the area.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Interesting comment spandexman. Pay days for the remaining part of 2010:
    October 1st
    October 15th
    November 1st
    November 15th
    December 1st
    December 15th
    December 30th

http://paycheck-chronicles.military.com/…

The October dates both fall on Fridays, which should be good days for the Dayton strip clubs. The november dates fall on Mondays though. And Dec. days fall on two Weds and one friday.
  • spandexman
    14 years ago
    When the Combat Zone was in its peak all the stripclubs added help on Friday afternoons because of weekly paydays.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Because they are dancers. A lot of us are older, dancers know we tend to make more money than the younger guys.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    farmerart,

Had you ordered and received a beer before she came over?
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    Clubber: It was a non-drinking night for me, but I had a cocktail-appearing drink in front of me. What possible difference could this make?
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    Two possible scenarios.

The dancer had a great line to determine if the out of the ordinary customer is worth her effort.

Since you have been "outed" as a monger, all the mercenary Canadian Dancers now know you. You will have to move to the states to regain your anonymity.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    lol @ tx's last paragraph!

honestly art i think it's a crapshoot or maybe a combination of age and a lucky guess.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Just so happens myself and a couple of friends did some research on this. We found, in most every circumstance, the customer with a cocktail would draw women before the beer men. Didn't seem to matter the dress, or the person.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Another thing. They don't really have a nose for money, they make an effort to research the crowd. If we're not familiar to the dancers in a club we're a suspect, not a prospect, in business terms. They're just tryng to qualify us when they say we ghave a lot of meny and it's a concidence when we do. And when we do, it's not so much knowing as letting us define our intentions somehow. ---In other words, they're playing us.

Clubber: cocktail vs. beer. Makes sense to me when you consider the stereotypes.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    Beer vs cocktail. How does that work in a place like Mons or for us guys that only drink non alcoholic stuff?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    sc,

Since I rarely visit an alcohol free club and have done no research, I've no idea. Maybe a water, vs. energy drink thing. :)
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    BTW, any research done was hardly scientific.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    An older guy where many guys are young, might be suspected of having some money since older guys might just stay away if they are broke. Young guys go to strip clubs without money but most older guys might not do that. It could be true. A cocktail or any drink might make one think that someone has money. If you're an older guy sipping on something that looks like a cocktail, you'll look like you have money. Sometimes or lots of times dancers and females will check out your shoes too. Were you wearing cheap dirty walking shoes or more expensive shoes?
  • farmerart
    14 years ago
    sh: Dirty work boots didn't help unless the girl had a fetish for the things.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I find a lot more attention when I ride my bike to a club than my work car. My guess, different attire, the "bad boy" biker.
  • Prim0
    14 years ago
    Everyone makes judgments based on appearances (consciously or not). We walk into a new club and try to determine which girls are worth our cash based on their looks, body language, etc. I'm sure they're doing the same to us. But since we are ALL individuals, it really does turn out to be a crap shoot.
  • BigPoppa99
    9 years ago
    ;) I purposely open my wallet, at the same time trying to pretend that I do not want them to look inside. And when they try to inconspicuously look in, (which I always catch them), they see that I am there to really, really have fun...
    The girl's whole demeanor does a complete 180, and they become the most sweetest, and affectionate girls, Eva!...
  • BigPoppa99
    9 years ago
    :):) That's how I roll.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Happens to me too. When I dress as a bum, girls seem to want to check me out. But I maybe it's because I wrote a song about my ATF that's made the rounds on the internet, and other dancers found out. I did have a few waitresses/shot girls introduce themselves and knew who I was. Still no free pussy though! LOL
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Damn, son, you gon' DEEP into the 5-year-old threads!

I think this explains the OP's experience: "The only observable difference between me and all other club customers was my age."

Beyond that, I do think the girls develop skills at profiling customers, from big tip-offs like age to subtle things like the way you carry yourself. They are not nearly as good at it as they would claim on SW, but they are also not the totally clueless nits many customers think they are.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    @clubber I dont find that true as every time I went to the club it was either water or a long island iced tea. Hell there was a point where I went to one club and down six glasses of long island iced tea (they were $14 each) and got virtually no attention that night without actually approaching a woman. And when i attended my "main" strip club;, i always ordered a long island iced tea. I get general responses. I don't think the drink matters much. That or im not doing something right
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion