"Stripperfest 8": Value Investment or Value Trap?

On the Border in Wisconsin will host Stripperfest 8 in September. Supposedly 500 dancers from throughout the Midwest will be seeking $10k in prize money. Contests will be held for Queen of the Stage and Queen of the Pole. Admission will be $15. Doors open at 6pm. Contests run from 8pm to midnight. On the Border, though nicely furnished, is a mid-sized club. Parking is plentiful on a normal Saturday night.

According to the doorman, Stripperfest 7 was packed to the point the crowd mass was within a foot or two of his desk. Obviously that leaves few places to sit, an epic struggle for the waitresses, and a whole lot of gals hustling for dances (and probably complaining about how poor their night is going!) Further, the 500 dancers alone would easily fill one-half of the club by themselves, maybe more. Parking would be nonexistent unless attendees arrive four per vehicle. Yet the club has put on 7 Stripperfests previously....?

So, attending Stripperfest 8: Value investment, or value trap?

===============================================================

By the way, here's some Podcast coverage (click on "Audio MP3" button to play) of Stripperfest 7 (67 minutes of host, hostess, and the on-the-scene reporter!!!):

http://striptaculous.com/2010/04/123-str…

On-the-scene reporter says he took 1,600 pictures of the fest.

Here's "Photo Set 1":

http://striptaculous.com/2010/04/strippe…

6 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Correction: On-the-scene reporter gives the club's capacity as being 500.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    That place looks like a dive...I've driven past it a few times. Always seemed to me that it was a place for locals and I-94 truckers. I doubt 500 strippers will show up.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sinclair, I'd stop in sometime. It's pretty nice inside and the gals working yesterday afternoon were surprisingly attractive (6-9, and I had feared a bunch of 4-6s before going.) A dance though will cost $35; songs are long and "the rules" are pretty lax for Milwaukee.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    based off photo set 1 I would not bother to go...but to each their own...
  • dallas702
    14 years ago
    If all you want to do is stand around and watch pole tricks, go for it. But the place will not be any good for lappers, conversation or service.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Wisconsin? No thank you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion