tuscl

Vaginal cosmetic surgery in vogue in Italy

Saturday, August 21, 2010 2:01 AM
, Aug 21 (IANS/AKI) A growing number of Italian women are undergoing surgery to remodel their genitals and boost their sex lives, an expert has said. In a sign of rising popularity of these operations, the final of the 2010 Italy's Miss Cosmetic Surgery contest scheduled Friday in Adriatic coastal resort of Rimini includes a 'Vaginoplasty' section. Vaginoplasty, or rejuvenation and remodelling of the vagina through laser surgery is especially popular with women who have had children or older women, according to surgeon Alessandro Littara. Around 50 women undergo the procedure annually, he said. 'We shrink the vagina so the muscles regain tone and the woman is able to 'feel' more again.' Littara set up Milan's Institute of Sexual Laser surgery, one of 'three or four' centres carrying out vaginal cosmetic surgery in Italy. Evern more popular, however is labiaplasty (labia reduction and beautification), according to Littara. He said around 100 women request this type of surgery each year, which includes injecting human issue or acids into the vagina's external labia to recreate their youthful plumpness. 'The typical patient is aged between 25 and 40, most commonly 30-35,' said Littara. 'Most are happily married and are often accompanied by their partners.' A labiaplasty operation typically costs around 5,000 euros (about $6,300), while Vaginoplasty costs 7,000 euros. Both are carried out in day hospitals and the patient is sedated and given a local anaesthetic. [view link]

7 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    I once had a month long relationship with an 18 year old nymphomaniac. She had a HUGE vagoo. Coincidentally, she was italian.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I wonder if these types of surgeries will ever become as common as breast implants for dancers.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Leave it up to the plastic surgeons to come up with a new procedure to pad their bank accounts.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    sheesh.. is it too late for me to go to school to be a vag doctor? ;)
  • bhunter5252
    14 years ago
    film at 11?
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    What kind of doctor does the surgery, a Vagician? Gyno's examin the pussy but I don't think can operate on one.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    Douchester has not been posting latley because after reading about this, he flew to Italy to have his lips altered to look like a vagina.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion