tuscl

New TUSCL Look?

Thursday, August 19, 2010 8:10 PM
LOL.. the board changed right before my eyes after i clicked to add a post. surprised me at first, i thought there was some kind of loading problem. anyway, 1st impression is that it looks good, but it seems a little slower for a page to load, but it's only been a couple minutes since the change and i need to give it more time to form a real opinion.

24 comments

• rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Probably slower due to the addition of adds for vip members, but I am cool with that and I think it looks good. IMO, anything (other than charging regular contributors for vip) that brings in more revenue to keep this site funded is good with me and I don't mind the ads if they accomplish that.
  • founder
    14 years ago
    VIPs can turn off Ads in the profile settings...
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Thanks and found it. Once I clicked the banner ads off the speed differential mostly disappeared.
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    The "Hide Banner Ads" doesn't work for me. When I click on it, it resets the page, with no checkmark in the box. (VIP Memebership good for at lest another 6 months.)
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    Now it's working. Box remained unchecked but the ads were gone after I saved.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    Seems like I have to do more scrolling to get through dicussions and club reviews, but I'll get used to it.
  • roccoballs
    14 years ago
    I haven't seen it on my desktop yet, but on my Blackberry Tour: - lots of scrolling past menu options to get to content - profile pics dispaly full size - in the last version they were smaller and more discrete (better) Founder - thanks for the work you do on this site!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Hmm. Overall good, though not so unobtrusive any more. Gonna take some getting used to on my phone.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    gonna take some getting used to on a pc too. anyway, turning off adds did speed things up some ;)
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I don't mind the ads unless they are those annoying desktop stripper ads that get in the way of using this site. I also hate the ads on SCL because they are gross and obscene.
  • how
    14 years ago
    Like the new look alright. "Hide Banner Ads" worked after two attempts, so I am glad to be rid of those again.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    I don't like change, lol.
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    I like the new look. Don't think it will take as long to get used to the changes as in the past. Keep up the great job, Founder
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    It'll take some getting used to, substantial improvements to format and style. I let Founder know of a couple issues with the new look such as missing numbers to tell you what club is what in the top 100 list, the check box for turning ads off does not stay checked after saving (but it does keep the ads off), no home page button link and a few other things.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Seems a little slower. Glad to get rid of the banner ads. That said, the site display width (yes, it's centered) is coming through to be about 50% of my monitor's screen, so lots of unused space.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Okay, maybe I missed the "Locator" feature before... Gave it a go by clicking on Omaha, Nebraska, and sure enough it returned clubs in the area. Good to know for those 'lapper withdrawal' bouts.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    WOW !! Totally Awesome !! Great Effort!! Like it.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Founder, Changes are very nice. I had to lose the ads tho - I get enough entertainment here from this great cadre of wordsmiths!
  • Not like I'm complaining, but why the changes, Founder? For its own sake?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    sygsyg, I mentioned the same in another thread. Change for the sake of change is seldom a good thing. I see know of no overpowering reason for the change. I preferred the old.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    still trying to get used to this.. i prefered the old style regarding articles and blogs, but what the hell do i know LOL
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    The new layout looks better and easier when using an iPod or iPhone to access the site.
  • ClubExpert
    14 years ago
    I like the new looks. It's long overdue.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    founder, After using a few times, most is fine, but I would like an option to get rid of the BS on the right side of the screen. I believe most here are intelligent enough to have found that information on the old layout without subjecting everyone to it all the time. Thanks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion