tuscl

My Northeast Gutter Crawl

harrydave
New Jersey
The past 2 days, I had errands to run and drove from NJ to CT and back again. It was an excellent opportunity to sample clubs along the way, and I decided I would visit dive bars. I will post reviews, but here's a little trip report of my club crawl.

First destination, Irvington, NJ. I went to Florian and Bob's Dollhouse, but at 4:30 on a Thu afternoon, it was CLOSED! So I circled back to Vic's place, a little hellhole I have visited before. The appeal of Vic's is the nice variety of black girls with total lack of inhibition. A few latinas, and one white chick rounded out the talent pool. It is possible to spend less than $50 at Vic's and leave a happy man.

Second destination, Stamford, CT, and the dingy, reeking mess known as Harry O's. This place is populated by Dominican girls who run toward medium chunky. Because of the language barrier, they will pitch they're lap dances with various forms of rubbing and grabbing at the bar. If you succumb, you will end up in a closet with 4 metal chairs and the question will be posed, "What would you like?"

Third destination, Bridgeport, CT, and another grimy, poorly lit saloon known as Pleasant Moments. A nice mix of Latinas, blacks and whites, and a strange two-level layout. I am met at the bar by a cute Latina, her English is quite good, so negotiations proceed quickly. Private dances at PM take place in cubicles that can only be described as very small and very dirty. But they're not really lap dances either.

On the rebound to NJ, stopped by Irvington again, and went to Joyce's Tropical Garden (sure!) and it was CLOSED at 4:45 on a Fri afternoon. So, yet again I forced myself to pay the $5 cover at Vic's Place, and once again I had to get $10 dances while seated at the bar, which could be described as "completely hands-on". Left the bar with 2 dancers after it was reported that cop cars were massing on the street outside. A gross exaggeration, there were only 3 cars.

All in all, a successful crawl through the strip club gutters, enlivened by cheap drinks, murky surroundings, thuggish customers, and women with loose morals!

13 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Yeah, the genre of 'dives' & "Tropical Garden" sounds a little forboding...
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Harry, good job and my kind of trip! I don't like black girls so much, but the places you hit in CT are full of very understanding (if sometimes a little thick) Latinas. Kudos and I look forward to the reviews.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    harrydave, I just read your review for Vic's Place. It closes at 7PM? I have seen clubs that did not open until then but closing at 7PM is unheard of. I can't imagine how it stays in business.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    A little explanation about Vic's Place. Irvington, NJ is right next to Newark. The effective unemployment rate among males is probably 50%. The black market in sex, drugs, etc., thrives in the darkness. During the day, the thugs hang out at Vic's, get a little rub and tug from some neighborhood Ho's, and wait for the evening. So the closing time of 7pm is more like the opening bell for the real local economy.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Interesting harrydave,
    Here in Ohio, about 1 hour north of Columbus there is Fantasyland West in Bucyrus and it closes at midnight due to local law.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    I like Dive Bar SC's. One of my favorites in Houston was Dreamers Cabaret in South Houston (no longer around). They had $10 dances and $5 dances on Wednesdays.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    about half the clubs that i've reviewed could be considered dives. i've had occassional fun in one of them but for the most part the others have been a waste of time imo.
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    Troop, judging by your reviews of Ohio clubs, my only advice would be to take the long drive to the gutter clubs in Inkster and Southgate, MI. On a business trip to Columbus, I actually drove one evening to Southgate, spent some time at Henry VIII South, and drove back. Was it worth it? No. But as a dive club gourmand, I couldn't resist.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    well hd i wouldn't like driving far unless i knew it would be a sure thing. there are 3 or 4 clubs in the clevo area that i think are ok and i'll hang at them and hit some others every once in awhile but over 100 mile oneway drives are not on my menu ;)
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Troop, I know the CT clubs that hd was driving to and, believe me, no problem on the "sure thing" front. The bigger challenge is finding a girl you would actually want it from, but in the current economy the talent has actually been improving in these clubs, relatively speaking ;)
  • harrydave
    14 years ago
    Dialog from the gutter clubs:
    "Do you want the $10 regular dance or the $20 dance to finish you off?"
    "Let's take that out and put a glove on it."
    "I has very special, special dance for you Papi."
    "What do you want, baby?", "Everything", "OK,let's go in the room."
    "You're leaving?", "Yeah, soon.", "Do you want some company? We could do a 2-girl thing too."
    "Are you jacking me off?", "Yes."
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    troop does not realize how good he has it up in cleveland. $10 dances and even fancy Christie's is only $20/songs. Not to mention real topless and not the stupid pasties.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    lol sam, i've had some great 10 dollar dances even 3 or 4 for 20 the past few years. the memory of those dances keeps my standards high and often it's hard to find a good looker that's willing to meet those standards.
    i guess i'm just spoiled ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion