tuscl

Do You "Check In" with Geo-Location Apps?

geo-location check-in apps like Foursquare, Gowalla, and Google Latitude on phones like iphone, android, blackberry, palm, etc. are starting to become popular and was wondering if anyone likes to use these for strip clubs?

On Gowalla.com Spearmint Rhino in Las Vegas has had 45 people and 59 checkins. Kahoots in Columbus has had 3 people and 3 checkins. Tootsie's in Miami has 10 people and 10 checkins.

On foursquare Kahoots in Columbus has had 8 people total and 71 checkins. SR in Las Vegas has had 185 total people and 504 checkins.

Most people seem to use their real names and several of the checkins to the strip clubs are females.

Starbucks liked the idea of Foursquare so much they now give discounts nationwide to mayors (mayors are people on foursquare with the most checkins to a starbucks location).

9 comments

• how
    14 years ago
    Sounds pointless at best, but perhaps I am not understanding what this involves. More info?
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I am loooow tech. I have no idea what you are talking about. I rely on my GPS for finding clubs for the 1st time. Last month I hit 5 ATL clubs in a single day. I traveled to parts of ATL that I had never been to. Without it, getting from one club to the next would have been tough.
  • EarlTee
    14 years ago
    I wouldn't consider it. I don't tweet my location either. I'm with how: it seems utterly pointless.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    The main point I would see to it is social networking. Getting a chance to see who else is visiting the club and when. Also a chance to read their feedback or comments on the club. For example, on foursquare I looked up Platinum Plus in Columbia, SC. They have 10 people and 52 checkins. 4 days ago someone checked in and posted:
    "Corey Y.
    Want free admission? Call or text me at 803-528-6074. I will give you some passes or put you on my guest list. Corey Yandle (Promotions Director for Platinum Plus) "

here is a picture of the person who has had the most check ins within the past 60 days. She is a female, either a bartender or customer.
    http://playfoursquare.s3.amazonaws.com/u…
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    I'm usually trying to cover my tracks, not broadcast them, lol.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Agreed Steve. The purpose of the types of applications is to keep one's friends apprised of one's location. I certainly don't want a knock on the door of room 208 of the local No-tell Motel from one of my friends.

If there's enough security around it to restrict who sees want, it might be interesting, though by no means indispensable, but security is usually the *last* thing most of the developers of these types of apps consider, if they even think of it at all.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    sam, photo was NOT taken inside PP.
  • Alucard
    14 years ago
    I already know how to find my favorite clubs.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have used GPS to find some clubs in Ohio. Club X is hidden in a residential area and I don't think I would have ever found out about it if it was not for TUSCL and GPS.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion