tuscl

Playboy Launches SFW TheSmokingJacket.com

Non-nude website is designed to give cubicle-dwellers ‘a constant stream of smart and sexy distractions throughout the day
CHICAGO—Playboy today launched The Smoking Jacket, a “safe-for-work” website the company says is intended to provide “guys with smart and sexy distractions throughout the day.” While that may seem to imply that the website may still not be quite safe enough for employers who actually expect work to be accomplished at work, it was always the intent of the site creators to provide daily diversions for the cubicle-bound.

The non-nude site is produced specifically for the blogosphere, and will feature shorter posts and more viral content. With just five major categories— Girls, Entertainment, Sex, Videos and Lifestyle—TheSmokingJacket.com will feature a constant stream of content throughout the day, and also will spotlight aggregated links and funny videos from around the internet, as well as sexy, non-nude photos from Playboy's archives.
"TheSmokingJacket.com is the ultimate safe-for-work internet experience for men, and a one-stop shop for all that is cool online," said Jimmy Jellinek, chief content officer and editorial director of Playboy and Playboy.com, in an announcement issued Tuesday morning. "Cube dwellers and office drones alike shall rejoice at this fun, sexy, satirical antidote to the drudgery of the work day."

The announcement also stressed that Playboy.com will continue to deliver content to its more than six million unique monthly visitors per month, and that the site will continue to feature nudity, as well as lifestyle articles that are “typically longer, more reverent, and written in a similar style as those appearing in Playboy magazine.”

http://business.avn.com/articles/Playboy…

Jul 20th, 2010

5 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    i might catch some flack here but maybe if people spent their time at work actually performing their jobs instead of surfing the internet things in america could run more efficently like they did years ago. i have nothing against peeps surfing on their own time but all of the wasted production is part of what's wrong with this country today and if i was an employer whose employees were wasting work time and my money surfing the www they would be out in the street looking for another job!

rant over..
    fire away guys.. lol
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    It's probably not going tomb that bug a problem. I'd be willing to bet that, for instance, my company already has it blocked.
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    gotta at least give playboy props for trying to innovate here. their website/tv efforts up til now have done nothing for me.

"Safe-for-work"? dunno about that, especially when you post stuff like, "how to get laid at work..." open that one up and see how fast someone files a sexual-harassment-in-the-workplace complaint...
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    ^^^ Agreed. I don't see much there that would be considered safe for viewing at *my* workplace.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Come on now...are you saying this pic of the girl with the see-thru panties isn't "safe for work"?:
    http://www.thesmokingjacket.com/wp-conte…

LOL...Playboy just doesn't get it...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion