tuscl

Centretown prostitution sweep nets 14 arrests

Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:20 PM
OTTAWA — Police arrested 14 people during a two-day prostitution sweep in Centertown. The prostitution sweep, conducted on Monday and Tuesday, resulted in the arrest of 12 men and two women, police said. Sgt. Michael Stoll said the sweep focused primarily on johns, with several female officers undercover posing as prostitutes. Police said eight of the 12 men arrested qualified for the pre-charge diversion program, which includes attending john school. The six other people arrested are facing several charges, including communicating for the purpose of prostitution, drug possession, and mischief. One man was also charged with careless driving after an undercover officer saw him running a red light. It was unrelated to the prostitution sweep. [view link] July 15, 2010

5 comments

• arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    Always a good idea for us PLs to remember that that hot babe in hot pants on the street might just be an undercover cop waiting to BUST YOU. Sickening, but reality. Do the undercover cops ever go into the strip clubs to bust us horny PLs? I have never heard of it happening.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    For your own safety it is best to leave street walkers alone. This is just another example of entrapment and harrasment. If the cops were not there posing as prostitutes, the johns wouldn't be there. And WTF is mischief?
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    "mischief" = not really doing anything but, but we're gonna arrest you anyway 'cause your hanging around where we don't think you oughta be.
  • nastasia_p
    14 years ago
    I've seen cops in two clubs as a customer. Which is why I behave myself in lapdances...to a certain degree :)
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Ontario, Canada mischief charges: "The definition of mischief is found in the Criminal Code at section 430. Generally mischief occurs when a person does any of the following: (a) destroys or alters property; (b) renders property dangerous, useless, inoperative or ineffective; (c) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property; or (d) obstructs, interrupts or interferes with any person in the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property." Sounds like some of the johns were doing c or d, but who knows...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion