tuscl

Friendly advice?

Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:22 PM
Since I have started to slowly work my way into strip clubs, my friends all seem to be giving me friendly advice.. I figure I'd share the two that I find the oddest. 1) Give the dancer a fake name. He says it's because the dancers give us fake names so why not do it to them. 2) Take my business cards. I have recently just started my practice and he says that there are a lot of dancers that could use my services so why not hand them out.. Of course these two are not by the same person, but the "advice" I have been given seems to run the gamut from there.

26 comments

• shadowcat
    14 years ago
    1) Whats in a name? A dancer would have to know a hell of a lot more about you to stalk you. I know so many strippers by their real names that it is difficult to know when to use which name. 2) Do you really want to represent strippers? They are mostly flakes and collecting fees from them might be difficult. I know two strippers at my favorite club that got busted recently for pot. They are using the clubs attorney to represent them.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    Never underestimate the trouble a psycho can put into your life. You are surrounding yourself with people who smile and cajole - actually - lie to your face - to make a living. Take that into consideration. They are never your friend.
  • funluvncpl13
    14 years ago
    I don't think I would ever want to represent a dancer. Not because I think the fees would be hard to collect, but because I will have known them in another capacity. I won't be handing out any cards nor do I consider them my friend. I was just posting what my friends said.. lol
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Number 1 seems like too much work. I'd have to remember the fake one. Number 2 violates my "need to know" standard, so it isn't likely that I'd ever do something like that.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    1) You can use your real name, just tell them it's your "club name" 2) payment in kind?
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Maybe it's me, but would #1 conflict with #2? or does your business cards say your fake name too. I'd bet your friends think all strippers are lying, thieving, whores , go ahead Dougster finish your line!
  • MarkShadow06
    14 years ago
    lol. you do realize that dancers meet so many males, that 99.2% of the time, as soon as they ask your name they immediately forget it? half the time the girls aren't even listening and are just introducing to start conversation.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    If a dancer gives me a SS name like "Snow" I'll sometimes reply back and say "yeah that's my name too".
  • KitTastic
    14 years ago
    I love morons who don't realize that we use fake names to protect ourselves from psychos. We don't even tell each other our real names most of the time - not unless we've known each other for a LONG time.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    As crazy as some customer can be...I would say the average stripper is more psycho than the average customer. Also I sometimes think it is SS when a stripper tells you "my real name is"... They are just saying that to try to make you feel special so you spend more money on them.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    KitTastic, Like I was telling a dancer the other night, "I don't know what you've heard about me, but that whole restraining order thing was just a big misunderstanding."
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    KitTastic, you are hilarious. Keep posting. Actually if you can keep coming up with those zingers you might be ready for Stand Up Comedy. And I am not being sarcastic. But - I don't make up a fake name in strip bars, and neither do most of the guys I meet in strip bars. We just use our first names. As far as girls telling you their real names, well, unless they have fake driver's licenses, they did tell me their real names (the names on their driver's license) after a couple of meetings. No big deal IMHO. As for the "advice" that funluvincpl13 shared with me, both (1) and (2) seem stupid and trivial. I definitely agree with all the other posters who say a strip bar is horrible place for a professional person with a bunch of business cards to be handing them out to strippers. However, where did the previous posters get the idea that he is a lawyer? He never said that. Maybe he is a psychotherapist or an employment counselor. Strippers could conceivably use that kind of professional service. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if funluvincpl13 is actually a gagster like dick johnson. It just seems totally implausible that the same person would be advocating (1) giving the dancers a business card to solicit business, and (2) using a fake name, for whatever stupid reason. I think this OP is pulling our collective leg.
  • funluvncpl13
    14 years ago
    Arbeeguy: I don't think you understood my post and maybe it's my fault for not making it clear. I was merely sharing some of the wide range of "advice" that I have been given lately. I not advocating either. When I drink, I can barely remember my own name, let alone a fake one. I really do think that some have misunderstood the meaning of my post. I am not advocating anything. Just merely sharing. I completely understand why dancers would give stage names. Hell, in my profession, sometimes I don't even want to give my real name. There are a lot of crazy people out there!
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    arbeeguy, you are wrong. On 7/12 he posted this. I do have my favorite dancer there, hope she is still there. If she were to give extras I would definitely take her up on it. Although, I may be a little hesitant because I am an attorney and am always paranoid of set ups and shit..
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    If you make the mistake of telling a dancer you're an attorney, chances are you will spend the next 30 minutes listening to her legal problems. Are you going to bill her for it?
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Dancers have lots of legal problems, including drugs, domestic violence, child support, drunk driving, debt collection. Set a fee and collect it all up front. No contingency or installment payments. Even if you've hit a dry spell and really need the money, don't agree to installment payments from dancers. You will never get the money. Remember the old post on this site of the newspaper story about the lawyer who was accused of professional misconduct for having sex, in the office, with a stripper client as partial payment for legal services. She turned him in to the state bar and the prosecutor. As a practical matter, there is no such thing as consensual sex with a client. (Yes, some states have different laws on this. So what.) Just don't do it and you will keep your reputation and law license intact.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Another observation. Some of the most successful bankruptcy lawyers in the Detroit area, have many stippers as clients. And the fees are paid up front. No LDs, OTC or anything else with the client. Her co-workers are fair game, however, and she just might introduce you around.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    SuperDude, but you should see what these lawyers receive for retainers unlimited blowjobs
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Maybe in Gainesville, but not in Detroit.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    funluv- it sounds like your friends have never been in a SC themselves with lame "advice" like that. If it's real SC advice you seek, at least now you've come to the right place. Ask us. Your friends don't seem to have a clue.
  • Electronman
    14 years ago
    Handing out business cards to dancers at a strip club has got to be bad advice and a breach of professional ethics unless you're a cosmetic surgeon. Most professions have a code of ethics that warn against multiple relations---- when one type of relationship with a person (e.g., getting dances or extras in a SC) compromises your ability to discharge the obligations of a professional role (e.g, providing legal, medical services). Huh-- may be the first time I've ever used "ethics" and "strip club: in the same sentence!
  • funluvncpl13
    14 years ago
    Electronman: "Huh-- may be the first time I've ever used "ethics" and "strip club: in the same sentence!" - LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jester214
    14 years ago
    I've never understood lieing to a stripper about your name? I'm not formally introducing myself to a client, I'm not gonna tell her my last name, and most likely I'll never see her outside of the Club (If ever). So does it really matter if she knows you're "Dave" or "John" or "Steve"?? I would argue the vice versa is true too, but I'm sure being stalked is a concern, so I don't judge.
  • mreef
    14 years ago
    Even having a stripper dance for you in exchange for legal fees can get you in trouble: [view link] A DeKalb lawyer was suspended for 15 months Thursday for arranging to have a female client perform nude dances for him in exchange for credit on her legal fees, a state commission said.
  • skeets35
    14 years ago
    How are you going to give them a fake name, then hand out your business cards with your real name on it. You might want to think this through.
  • funluvncpl13
    14 years ago
    Skeets: I don't think you read through this post very well. I had no intention on giving a fake name or business cards. I was merely sharing "advice" that I had been given. Never had any intention to follow them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion