tuscl

Cheapstake Alert

Saturday, July 3, 2010 1:03 PM
From a recent review: "Today was the first day that the Red Parrot was doing their new Tuesday promotion, Threesome Tuesday or something like that. It basically gives you $3 cover, $3 Dances (on the floor only), $3 Tecates, and $3 Tequila (House Brand). All I can say is it was packed. It seems all the cheapskates were out in droves." I could really go for something like that, lol!

11 comments

• steve229
    14 years ago
    Er, make that "Cheapskate Alert" (dyslexia).
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    lol
  • OneAngryDwarf
    14 years ago
    Cheerleaders in Pittsburgh has "Twofer Tuesdays." $2 cover and 2-for-1 lapdances. Oh, and $2 Coors Light, which is still way too expensive. It's easily their most popular night, even moreso than Fridays...
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Kahoots used to have a free admission pass on their website and it was listed in the tuscl top 100...once they took the free admission pass off their website their rating on tuscl went downhill and they are no longer on the top 100.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    There are no cheapskates at strip clubs when every dollar spent is 100% discretionary. I find it completely ignorant when someone decides someone else should be spending more. If someone is going to call someone else a cheapskate then I'm going to call the person spending alot a fucking idiot for spending so much.
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    I disagree Gatorfan. Just because you can spend practically no money at a place if you really want to doesn't mean you should and it doesn't mean it isn't disrespectful to the business you are visiting at the time. It would be rude and a waste of a waiter and restaurateur's time to go to a restaurant and do nothing but eat bread, drink water, and maybe order something very small like coffee. You're wasting time they could spend on customers who are actually going to order a full meal. There was a really weird Greek foreign exchange student at this bar I used to go to in college who would come in for hours at a time and not order a single drink. The bartenders said he would just stand around and talk to his friends and give off a very creepy vibe to girls he would try and hit on. Bar exist for people to come into them and buy drinks, it's disrespectful to the bar employees to do anything else. It's the same principle in a strip club. You don't have to buy lap dances or anything, but you should order a few drinks and not try to screw the girls out of their dollar tips.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    This reminds me of Platinum Plus in Greenville, SC, on Monday nights. $1 beers and $1.50 well liquor all night. The rednecks load up into the backs of pickup trucks and roll into the place on Mondays ;)
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I liked the free drinks we used to get at one of our local clubs, Players on Tuesday nights. I don't think they are still doing the promotion, but the place got packed. I made sure to tip my waitress well, Valerie is worth every $ she gets.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    SnakePlissken you bring up some good points but I don't think it is fair to compare a strip club that has a $10-20 cover with a restaurant or bar that has no cover or cheap $3-5 cover. Also going to a strip club is more about building a relationship than with a restaurant. Sometimes a guy will go in to a SC and spend $20 on dancer X while other nights he will spend $200 on dancer X. It's more emotional based with buying lap dances than buying food/drink at a restaurant.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I agree with Snake when he says that dollar tips and a couple of drink purchases are not unreasonable expectations in a SC. As he said, nobody should feel the need to buy lapdances, but a little tipping is in order. My rule of thumb is that if I watch a girl get naked/topless then I have received something from her and it is only right to pay her for it, even if it is just a buck. And since I admittedly tend to look at every breast that is pulled out of a top, every girl that dances gets a little something. Having said that, if it is a girl I did not watch or see dancing and she is on her tip walk, I feel no obligation to pony up. I tend to anyway, but take no issue with guys that do not and when I was younger and poorer I did not either. Just my $.02 on the topic.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I tip nearly every dancer on stage, unless I'm engaged with someone. Very few of the dancers around here, even the ones in the low mileage clubs, are shy about stevies and other forms of contact at the stage, and that's almost always worth at least a buck. The clubs I go to don't have a "tip walk" as an official practice, and very few of the dancers engage in that practice themselves, so that's not really a problem. I'm not shy about tipping the waitresses and bartenders either. A buck or two *every* time I get a drink, even if it's a freebie, goes a long way. Note that this isn't just because I'm a great guy. Good tipping has always gotten me nothing but good things.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion