tuscl

Anyone around Myrtle Beach

burtreynoldsstudd
Pennsylvania
Some friends and I are making our weekly trip to Myrtle Beach and the past two years we've went to Secrets and Thee Doll House. Both times we've had a really fun time. I've read some of the recent reviews on those clubs and it seems like they've gone down hill. Is this really the case? I've also heard a lot about the Masters Club but one of the guys isn't 21 so that doesn't seem like a viable option. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

9 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    never been there but coincidently this turned up on cleveland craigslist rants and raves yesterday.
    i can't vouch for it's accuracy but watch your back.

MYRTLE BEACH SC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-06-24, 1:08PM EDT

Reply To This Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just got back from vacation in myrtle beach i will never go back. the crime is out of control..shooting gangs and drugs that place is a dump thought i was in mexico. talked to some poor guy from ny he told me how he got robed an beaten while walking on the beach..PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM MYRTLE BEACH.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I've never been there because I have to drive through Columbia SC to get there and I just can't get past Platinum Plus. I am told that MYR is more expensive than CAE. I am also told that the peak stripper season is spring. Which coincides with the peak golf season.

I remember reading a review for PP a year or so ago. 6 guys drove down from the northeast to play golf in an RV. They took an hour side trip to the Columbia PP. They spent a lot of money but had a blast. They said the would be back on their next golf trip.
  • Shekitout
    14 years ago
    Troop-you need to go to North Myrtle Beach(used to be called Ocean Drive)and I'm sure you won't get mugged or shot at. I live in Columbia and have heard or read nothing about out of control crime in MB!
  • burtreynoldsstudd
    14 years ago
    The earlier post made me curious so I contacted a friend of mine who lives near there and he said the crime was probably up during bike week or black bike week but even so that report is pretty slanted. And shadowcat, I used to live in Cola so I know what you're talking about with PP but unfortunately I won't be making it back there this trip so the club in Myrtle will have to do haha!
  • divadiver
    14 years ago
    Forcible Rape in MB is 7 times the national average

Violent Crime overall is more than 4 times the national average

http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?…
  • bumrubber
    14 years ago
    I spend a lot of time in MB on business, plus I have family there. So I'm familiar enough with it.

First, I think under-21s can get into Derriere's, an all-nude club that's BYOB. There may or may not be others.

I'm pretty sure there are more SCs in MB than are listed here, and some of the ones listed may be gone (like the Pink Pony in Garden City). They all have their ups and downs - in general, and with the season. High season is spring and fall, for golf.

There's definitely a high crime rate in MB. However, it seems to be limited to a drug and low-life culture that if you're not a part of, you don't need to worry about. I don't recall any news stories about muggings, carjackings, etc., that would indicate danger to tourists. There are a lot of car break-ins, but even that is nowhere near as common as in, say, Los Angeles. Drunk drivers are everywhere because the bars are open all night, and the main activity is driving (or riding motorcycles) from bar to bar.

Don't leave valuables in your car, park smartly, watch out for drunks, and you should be fine.

There's definitely a rough element in MB, and SCs attract it - same as anywhere else. Just keep your wits about you, and know when it's time to leave.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    well like i said, i can't vouch for the accuracy of that post and it seems that there are both pros and cons about it.

bottom line.. watch your surroundings but try to have a good time.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have read several stories about cheap street hookers in MB. Don't recommend them though.
  • honeydewmelon
    14 years ago
    So what happened to Honey?? she was the best one around
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion