tuscl

Drive to South Carolina or VIP in Atlanta

Monday, May 24, 2010 9:18 PM
I have been driving to Platinum Plus (Greenville & Columbia) from Atlanta every 2 to 3 months. Just visited Platinum Plus (Columbia) last Friday and stayed overnight in Extended stay across the road. Enjoyed very much. But everytime when I am driving back to Atlanta, I start thinking..should I again drive back to Columbia/Greenville after 2-3 months or rather get couple of VIP dances in Atlanta for the same cost? I will mentally decide that now I am not going to spend time and energy in driving back to South Carolina. But then after 2-3 months, I will end up in S Carolina. Does this happen to you guys ??

12 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I was fortunate enough to settle in Louisville, where things are nice and special, so I don't find the *need* to travel elsewhere. That said, I do visit a couple of clubs when I go back home in WNY, and I seek out interesting clubs when I travel.
  • snowtime
    14 years ago
    My business requires me to be in South Carolina often so I always try to include a trip to PP. I also live in Atl. and would make the drive to PP even if not necessary for business.
  • shadowcat
    14 years ago
    k0720, I do it ll the time. You just heard from my buddy snowtime. I have lived in an Atlanta suburb since 1987. I have visted a dozen or so of the 50+ clubs in the Atlanta area. Here it is all about VIP. $35-50 for a room and then at least $100 for a dancer and no guarantees of what you get. I prefer to drive 240 miles to the Columbia Platinum Plus. See my latest review. I have been making 2 night/3day trip to PP almost every month for the last 8 or 9 years. I drive I-20 and stop on Wheeler Rd in Agusta to piss nd top off the tank. I always stay at the Extended Stay America. THe manager knows me by name and I have gotten a room comp'd 3 times. $50 a night sure beats the hell out of the $130/night that the Embassy Suites charges. A lot of out of town strippers stay there. I have done FS with 3 of them but I knew them from PP. I returned from PP a week ago with $500 left over. I could go hit an Atlanta club but I can not get excited about it. I'll just save it for my next trip to PP in about 3 weeks. Being #4 on the TUSCL top 100 with over 800 reviews explains why I keep going back. Besides snowtime I am buddies with 2 other Atlantans that make the drive.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    How do you manage to only go to stripclubs every 2 to 3 months? (My hands start to shake after 2 or 3 days, lol)
  • k0270
    14 years ago
    I am able to manage holding trip to Platinum Plus for 2-3 months average. But otherwise have to visit local club every weekend or max alternate weekend.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I am in a similar situation. There is Kahoot's in Columbus ($30 dances with occasional 2fer1 announcements) or Cheeks in Dayton (2fer1 $25 anytime although the DJ does make announcements once every 20 min). Kahoot's is a 20 minute drive, Cheeks is a 90 minute drive. Although Cheeks offers better value and mileage, I find myself at kahoot's more frequently simply because of the closer location.
  • Timbuck12
    14 years ago
    I've never been to Platinum Plus in SC so I will defer to those that have for its relative merits. But I am familiar enough with the Atlanta scene that I can tell you this: whatever you get at PP you can also get in VIP in Atlanta (actually, from what I read on this site about PP you can get MORE in Atlanta VIP, albeit take-out at PP would bring this back to being equal). The key in Atlanta is you have to go to VIP. Yes, Atlanta VIP is hit or miss, but once you find a couple of reliable "hits" then you're good to go....and it's not too difficult to find them. And yes, ATL VIP costs are surely higher than the back room where you get PP dances, but for PP you have to factor in major travel time, hotel costs, etc. I'd like to make the trip to PP sometime and but that involves a lot bigger time commitment than I can do right now.
  • magicrat
    14 years ago
    k0270...I live in no man's land for strip clubs, so local isn't even an option for me. I'm a little closer to PP clubs than you, but I still make the trek once or twice a month. I'm 160 miles from Columbia and 70 from Greenville so I hit Greenville more often, even though it's pretty lame in comparison. Plus I'm to the point where I get nothing out of just sitting in the club looking at topless women..I like some interaction or it isn't worthwhile for me. Maybe a sad state of affairs, but that's just the way it is. Keep up with the road trips is my vote.
  • CCRiderm
    14 years ago
    Steve, Every 2-3 days? Repeat after me...."My name is Steve and I am a stripclubaholic." :) Wait, I just went on Monday and I'm going back tomorrow...move over, I need to come to the 12 step meeting too...
  • theriddler
    14 years ago
    I live near Athens GA and I also do the South Carolina trek as opposed to the ATL clubs. The drive is enjoyable as the anticipation builds. I'm a lapdanceaholic so I find the beer and dance prices a good value at the PP's & Heartbreakers. I find the laid back atmosphere at these clubs quite appealing also. I pound the beers and will not drive, so that makes it tough around the ATL. At the PP's I can cab or walk. Dude at Heartbreakers gives me a couple free beers each visit as he thinks it's amazing that someone would drive there from ATL. If I don't get to Tampa soon I'm gonna lose it. Enjoy.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Hmmm. After reading these comments, I think I'll stay right where I am. :)
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I visit Greenville regularly and I am surprised that nobody mentioned the Trophy club. PP in Greenville is ok, but I find it fairly boring. Over the past two years i have very much come to appreciate the TC. A few years ago the place was a pig pen but there are a lot of attractive girls there now. I always have a great time there - far more so than at PP.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion