tuscl

Interesting North America clubs easily accessible by public transport

johnnyx
England
Monday, May 24, 2010 6:43 PM
I realise this isn't going to be something thats in high demand in the USA and Canada but does anyone have suggestions of clubs easily accessible by public transport that are recommended (preferably nude). When visiting on business I rarely need a car so can't justify one on expenses and am also travelling alone so driving rules out a drink or two. I visited Portland, Oregon recently and that was excellent but I've been researching New Jersey and it looks like a nightmare. Where else is good in this respect? Not just looking for any old place but clubs that come highly recommended or places where there are several to choose from.

12 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    You can count out Houston-we have the worst public transportation, but here's an idea. If perchance you visit Albuquerque, hotels and a strip club are available on Central Avenue.
  • dudeanonymous
    14 years ago
    When I travel, I look for clubs within a few minutes' walk of a hotel. Put the address of the club into Google Maps, then search "nearby" for hotels. A few I've found (all of the below are currently on the TUSCL top 100): Cheaters, Cocoa Beach, FL - a couple hotels right next door Lido Cabaret, Cape Canaveral, FL - about 10 minutes' walk from the same hotels above Heartbreakers, Columbia, SC - hotel across the street Platinum Plus, Columbia, SC - two hotels about five minutes' walk (not the same hotels, though. HB and PP are a mile or two apart.) And I guess there's always a cab....
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Montreal has a pretty darn good subway system, and many of the city's strip clubs are within walking distance of more than a few of the below ground stations. They have a pretty good deal where you can get several (10?) tickets for a pretty good price...use Canadian money though to buy them.
  • minnow
    14 years ago
    Offhand, I can think of 2 within a few blocks of subway/metro station: 1) Crazy Horse/ San Francisco ( about 2 blocks from Powell St. BART station) 2) Cheetah/ Atlanta ( a few blocks from MARTA stop 4N, I think. About a 25 min. ride from Atlanta airport) There are probably a bucketload of clubs near bus stops, can't help you there as I'm not a big fan of riding the bus.(Or waiting for 1 in the rain). I am a big fan of being in hotel within walking distance of club(s).
  • bellman
    14 years ago
    Philadelphia has two SCs easily accessible by public transport. Neitehr is nude, but extars are available at each. 1) Gold Club, walking distance from anywhere in Center City and near regional rail station and many bus lines. 2) Club Atlantis is a few blocks from the AMTRAK 30th St station and on several bus lines and a subway line.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I would think it would just be easier to take a cab. On the other hand, cabs cost too much, and you want the public transportation so you can drink alcohol, probably. I wouldn't have the slightest clue on that one. I'd have to think Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indy is accessible by bus.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "When I travel, I look for clubs within a few minutes' walk of a hotel" I once picked a hotel for this very reason, but without checking the map carefully. Turns out they were indeed close as the crow flies, just on opposite sides of a river. Since I didn't feel like swimming, ended up taking a cab, lol.
  • licklick
    14 years ago
    All the best clubs in Minneapolis are within 4-5 blocks of the transit hub of buses and trains. And, no worries about finding a safe place to park.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    NYC has pretty good public transportation. Also in Columbus, OH there is the Route 161/E. Dublin-Granville/Busch Blvd location that has several strip clubs nearby including the Club X that is ranked on the tuscl top 100. However, the rest of the clubs in the area suck.
  • ArtCollege
    14 years ago
    Good topic. I'm often in the same boat. Even worse if my business dictates a suburban hotel. If in Washington DC, take the train to Baltimore; at the station they can direct you to downtown and The Block. Seattle: after the closing of Rick's and the sister clubs, best bet is probably downtown DejaVu San Diego: train to the border, $5 cab to tourist district.
  • johnnyx
    14 years ago
    Thanks to everyone who has provided very useful information. One thing I'd like to ask is if there is anywhere with better clubs out of town that can be reached by public transport. For example, in some cities the downtown clubs tend to be bikini but there are sometimes nude clubs in more remote locations. Anyone visited any of these by public transport?
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Also besides taking public transportation to the club check into if they offer shuttles to their clubs. I know this is popular with the major las vegas clubs. Also several columbus strip clubs advertise as offering shuttles although I have yet to use them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion