tuscl

Why TUSCL has a PM feature

Open letter to guys who get an account and immediately post "how do I (get something for nothing because I'm a noob)...?": If you're going to a certain town, why not look up the town, look up the clubs, and send a Private Message to people who have reviewed the club? This board is starting to look like a Dear Abby page...

6 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    To be fair, I know from experience a lot of reviewers on tuscl will not respond to their PMs or even log in to read them. Posting on this forum is the quickest way to get a reply.

Also it would be nice to be able to send more than one PM at a time. You could send out the same PM to all the people who have reviewed a club instead of sending out 10 separate messages. This might lead to spam, but I doubt tuscl PMs will ever reach the spam level of email.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    PM's to me have been a way to communicate to my associates(male and female). I'm glad to have them, the ones from people I don't know, I consider each message, before responding to them. I agree somewhat with wallanon's impression of the Discussion page, there are more requests lately for club info, I've been known to do so, like samsung1 says it is a quicker way to get a reply.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Sometime ago a sportsradio broadcast originated a fictitious character named Larry Horse. The hosts and regular listeners would bring Larry up now and then in such ways, as "Oh yeah, Larry attended last night's game." Or, "I saw Larry there." The purpose was of course to have new folks wondering who is Larry Horse, and why do people keep talking about him? Anyways, Larry could always have a cousin named Sherry who dances at various clubs around the country because she's so hot, no?
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    To CTQWERTY:

Yes, definitely Sherry could be all over the country doing great things. One of the challenges (pleasures?) of TUSCL is trying to figure out what is fact and what is fiction. Not easy, but sometimes fun.

I did not know that some TUSCLers get so many PMs from strangers that they don't even open their PM folder. That is sad.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Phil Hendrie anyone?
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Arbee: She could always become a topic for discussion when a newbie appears in a manner similar to what Wallanon describes...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion