tuscl

Detroit area market shift?

SuperDude
Detroit, Michigan
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:43 AM
Larry Flynt's Hustler Club is in the Detroit suburb of Lincoln Park. JudyJudy tells us she sometimes dances at Bada Bing in L.P. With the new ordinance in Detroit leading customers and dancers to go to the suburbs, will L.P. open new clubs or accept transfers of liquor licenses from Detroit? This is not yet a trend, but it wouldn't suprise me to see a new SC or two open in L.P. as part of the entertainment mix they want. Of course the pastors will be upset, but as Richard Pryor said in the movie "Car Wash," "Trust in the Lord, but believe in that federal green." [view link]

7 comments

• judyjudy
    14 years ago
    Well....I would like to see more of a shift to the clubs in the L.P. area. I like that area as it is not close to my home but it is easy to get get to for me. This whole situation is not rocket science....you can't have the service you want in detroit go to the outside venues.
  • judyjudy
    14 years ago
    maybe we should schedule a tuscl night at bada bing and i can service all my favorites................... But you guys all know my bounderies.....right?
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Hi Judy, no, but when I get back to Detwa.. Superdude, I certainly hope more clubs open, the more, the merrier. Although from what I understand reading reviews and posts, the Detroit clubs are continuing to run pretty much as usual. I'll have to check when I get back home.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Drove right past "The Bing" on the way to the Hustler Club. Didn't know it was Judy's place. Do I remember correctly there's a motel attached to The Bing?
  • stogiebt
    14 years ago
    I will be one of the patrons standing in line for judy at Bada Bing. Can't wait... As for Hustler, my 1st visit (opening night)was quite good. However, it's a 100 mile round trip and 8 mile clubs are much closer to me (living in Oakland county where there are exacly zero SC's). Bottom line, as long the legal battle over the new ordinance changes continues, and the lawyers may keep that going for years (who knows?),I'm going to stay in the Detroit clubs mostly. The flip side is, if the new ordinances really take effect, dancers, customers, SC employees, etc. will flee to the 'burbs for sure. So, LP and other cities should probably start preparing for that day; it's inevitable I suppose.
  • judyjudy
    14 years ago
    CTQWERTY - yes there is a motel attached to the club....be careful where you park.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Thanks, JJ. With the better weather now, I'll make sure to ride my bike next time--can't imagine I'll get a valet charge for it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion